Need help bending tube.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I have come up with a cage design for the ZJ. I just need to take all the exact measurements w/ the interior stripped and then go buy some pipe.

Is there anyone that is willing to bend a few pieces of tube for me? I'm planning on using 1.75" .120 DOM tube and I need the A, B, C pillar hoops bent. I think I can do the rest of the cage w/ straight pieces.

I am willing to pay to have this done--either somone or some shop. Is there anyone that is willing to help or does anyone know of a shop that will do a good job for a decent price? I just need the 3 hoops bent.

Thanks

Cody

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
factory tubular will do a good job but want you to be on a waiting list usually. You say pipe and then tube in the same sentence, which is it? You can bend tube in a HF bender like I have you just have a slight indent at the begining and end of the tube. go ine die size lower than what the die says. Pipe is ID tube is OD. lets see...... so for 1.75 OD tube you'd run a 1.5 die for pipe sch 40. it would be really close to the same. So did you keep the beast? this is the one who rolled right (sorry it must be a jeep thing.)

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Sky,

I meant tube. I was in a hurry.

I'll probably check with Parker and FT today and see what they say.

Why is everything always a jeep thing? I don't think I've ever heard a jeep owner say that. I guess that is what toy guys say because they feel they are missing something :) ;) :)

Paddler

James (JR) Ehley is the owner of Ms Conception Motor Sports. His address is 2850 S. Redwood Rd.,C-2. He is the next building south of the MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station). His garage is in the Southwest corner of that building. He primarily works on Jeeps and his speciality is tube bending. If you go there and see his work, I assure you that you will not want to go anywhere else. He is absolutely exceptional, fair priced, and sticks to his quotes. my 2 cents