• Side-Jobs Forum Rules:
    • No requests related to 4x4, offroad, or any services already provided by vendors who support RME and make this site possible. If you are seeking these types of services, please post in a General 4x4 or another approriate forum.
    • No requests related to morally questionable or illegal activities
    • Any requests here may be removed at any time at the discretion of the moderators

Need Help With a 15 Minute TIG Job

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I have two cracks in the wakeboard tower on my boat I need welded. The two cracks are exactly the same but on opposite sides of the tower. I can do all the prep work then bring the boat to you. I have started tig welding, but I need this to be strong and it has to look great. I'm not there yet. Each crack is at the base of the tower and goes about a third of the way around the aluminum tube. I'd like to have this done this week

IMG_0810.JPG

If you are interested and have time one evening this week I could really use the help.
Thanks
Josh
8o1 918 9784

RogueJeepr

Here!
BlueWolf, dont you do a bit of welding too ?
I have something that needs a 1/2" weld done. Took a magnet to it and didn't stick, im thinking it's stainless OR other. Dont really want to jb weld it.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
BlueWolf, dont you do a bit of welding too ?
I have something that needs a 1/2" weld done. Took a magnet to it and didn't stick, im thinking it's stainless OR other. Dont really want to jb weld it.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

I do but my TIG is down right now needing a new torch cable and I've been so slammed with construction work that I haven't gotten around to even messing with it yet. For reference it's been down since about July and I still haven't fixed it ha, so I don't see it being fixed until probably snow flies.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I kind of let this slip through the cracks. I did a mad dash to winterize the boat last night. At this point it can wait till spring. By then my aluminum TIG welding might be up to par and I'll do it myself.

Cascadia

Undecided
I do but my TIG is down right now needing a new torch cable and I've been so slammed with construction work that I haven't gotten around to even messing with it yet. For reference it's been down since about July and I still haven't fixed it ha, so I don't see it being fixed until probably snow flies.
So that's why my sign remains unfinished.....