For Sale Need info on jeep top and doors

Nappy

Nappystunts.com
Asking Price
$1
Condition
Used
Obviously I will sell them, I just don't know what they are for. Does anyone recognize this top and set of doors? My boss gave them to me to get rid of. He says they came with a CJ5 he bought his kid but they didn't fit it. I have no idea what they are from or what they are worth if anything at all. They look like they were cut for a roll cage or something up front. And they have plenty of wear on them. But they look usable if someone knows what they fit. Thanks for the help in advance...

Attachments

• top2.jpg
    top2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 35
  • top3.jpg
    top3.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 35
  • top4.jpg
    top4.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 35

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Suicide doors? That's kinda weird....

What does it say on the tailgate? I can't quite read it...looks like "Tan Top", but I'm guessing that's not right. :)

Nappy

Nappystunts.com
Yeah, it says TankTop. I never even noticed that when taking the pics. That link from Brad does talk about them quite a bit. The original manufacturer even posted up about where they came from. It probably is for aCJ5. I am just going off what I am told. Anyone need a top for a CJ5? :)

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
You’ll have to determine the windshield angle to figure out the range of years it will fit. The earlier 5’s windshields are more vertical than the later years, a feeble attempt at fuel economy.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I have a friend that has a 72 CJ5 I should take some measurements and see if it could work for him. 72 was a weird year where AMC just took over and some of the parts are Willys and some are AMC. I had fits tracking down parts for my friends Jeep because half of the time the parts lists didn't match what was on it.

Nappy

Nappystunts.com
Well, thanks for all the help everyone! Almost makes me want to get it figured out and buy a project Cj5 in the proper year. Seems like a nice piece that's not too common. It's in rough shape, but looks like it could be cleaned up. And with the info on that thread, you can get the proper parts to match the original stuff. I'll do some measuring when I get a chance. Thanks again!