Need Navigation help at BFE

Go_Vols

We ran Helldorado today (had a blast!)... here's my question - after the big winch wall we exited at the access road a few hundred yards up... took a right and drove back towards camp (there was a sign that said "EN" on it, what the hell does that mean?)... after looking at the "trail maps" online, it looks like we exited early... and we were having a really hard time figuring out how the hell to get to the other trails... can anyone walk me through this??? The maps don't help a whole lot since there's no topo on them.... many, many thanks, as we're here all week to play hard!

Todd

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
The winch hill on Helldorado is the last real obstacle, although there is a short rocky section a bit up the canyon. The wash splits, and the rocky section is on the left. If you look, you'll see tracks.

Minor Threat starts just past the first obstacle (gate keeper) on Helldo. It takes off to the left and goes up the hill.

To get to Green Day, go up the hill to the left of (and just before) Helldo's entrance. Keep following this trail, and a ways past the top of the hill you will see a big pile of rocks on the right (painted either blue or green if I remember correctly). This is the entrance if you want to run it counter-clockwise, which is probably the most difficult direction. Or you can continue up the trail a bit more, and you will see the steel "Green Day" sign on your right if you want to run clockwise.

The wash that continues away from Helldorado is part of the Strike Ravine trail. Britney Spears takes off from Strike Ravine, but it is not marked and is a bit hard to see.

Go_Vols

Thanks guys. After posting that message I found another website with topo maps for the trails and I was quickly able to make sense of everything... but it took a few minutes to get properly calibrated!

We ran Helldorado, Minor Threat, Green Day (both ways) and attempted Brittany Spears (it was late, snowy, muddy and after 30 minutes of moving rocks around in the slop we decided beer was a better idea than breaking something in the dark in 20 degree weather!)

We also walked most of Black Flag. THAT would be a gnarly trail, if we only had enough rigs big enough to attempt!

We had a great time at the property. Left a bunch of cash for the proprietors as well.

Todd

lewis

Fight Till You Die
I thought this was near the entrance to green day but I am way off. A few feet past where this pic is taken there is a right turn up a rock that was a pretty good obstacle and looked like the start of a trail. Does anyone recognize this and know what trail it is.It was a few miles to the east of bfe. I didn't run it because I didn't know where the hell I was but wanna go back. Oh and the rock just ahead on the drivers side with black marks on it ripped a hole in my sidewall,just in case you wondered.

Attachments

• 1000785gx1.jpg
    1000785gx1.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 27