Need Plumber / Landscaper to work on commercial yard sprinkling system.

Gary T

I have a broken sprinkler valve. My yard care man replaced the valve, and an when he turned it on, it blew apart. Actually the pipe going in and out blew. This is an office building, and the PVC is much larger than my home stuff. Anyone knowledgeable about such things? Thanks.

Tonkaman

I don’t have any personal knowledge with that kind of stuff, but I don’t see how it would be different than residential.

The bigger pipe glued up the same, it can just take more muscle to get seated.

it sounds like you had a freeze up? Likely the pipes coming in and out of the valve had a small fracture.

Gary T

Thanks, I agree, The issue is more of space and techniques. The box is small and houses 2 large valves. Also the pipes are stacked on top of each other, and are coming out from under a parking lot.
I may give it a shot this weekend.
Still happy to pay someone for their expertise and skills.

Tonkaman

Thanks, I agree, The issue is more of space and techniques. The box is small and houses 2 large valves. Also the pipes are stacked on top of each other, and are coming out from under a parking lot.
I may give it a shot this weekend.
Still happy to pay someone for their expertise and skills.

Those valve boxes are usually a joke to do any work through the top. Do yourself a favor and just take out the whole box until your done.
Good luck with the repair.