• Side-Jobs Forum Rules:
    • No requests related to 4x4, offroad, or any services already provided by vendors who support RME and make this site possible. If you are seeking these types of services, please post in a General 4x4 or another approriate forum.
    • No requests related to morally questionable or illegal activities
    • Any requests here may be removed at any time at the discretion of the moderators

Need Plumber Recommendations

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I could use some professional help finding and stopping a leak thats coming from an upstairs bathroom and soggy-ing up the ceiling on my main floor. I'm toying with the idea of ripping out part of the main floor sheetrock to help diagnose the issue and when repaired replace the sheetrock without the cracks.

Anyone on here do this for a living or can recommend someone honest for the work? We are also interested in having the water softener looked at (doesn't seem to be performing well) and exploring a reverse osmosis water system installed as well.

Thanks.

Nate

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Chad Schoonover on here is the man to call.

Whats his user name so I can pm him?

When we moved in the second bathroom wasn't being used. There was a leak from the tub spout that I was able to fix but after I had some cracking and bubbling to my main floor ceiling. Its been good for a few years but now has recently started to bubble a little more. I had already cut a hole in the wall to fix the spout and after checking there I'm fairly confident that that fix is holding and its coming from somewhere else. I'm doing a fair amount of work on the main floor right now though so I'd love to get it resolved once and for all. I'd really like to rip out the fiberglass insert thats in there and replace it with porcelain and tile but thats not in the cards this year. I HATE fiberglass inserts.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I had someone (Jim I think it was) from Chads company come over yesterday to take a look at my plumbing problems. The biggest one I had turned out to be super simple and so we had plenty of time to chase down a few other things that I'd been trying to ignore since we moved into the house 7 years ago. The guy was awesome, he answered all my questions clearly, was a little early but called ahead to make sure that was going to be okay, and was happy to explain things so I'd understand them. I think we're going to end up buying a reverse osmosis system and he gave me a few options on installation which I appreciated. We should be able to have it installed in the furnace room downstairs which will make changing filters and flushing the system easy to access while still being out of the way. We're going to wait a month or so while we finish up a few other projects to have it installed but we'll for sure be calling Schoonover Plumbing for that and any other needs in the future.

Thanks to you guys for the quality reference and thanks to Chad and his company for doing an awesome job.

Here is their number in case someone else needs it: 801-768-4021