Need to wire a 220 plug....

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Anyone here good with the home type wiring stuff?
I need to wire an outside plug for my welder....I don't want to move the stove every time I want to weld :p

So what I have is one big box where the service comes in, directly next to it is a double meter box with 2 meters and 2 main breakers for each side of the duplex. The power for my side goes from there to a small box, where it is spliced to the wiring that goes into the DNS and a frieghtening arrangment of breakers and a couple ooooold school round bulb fuses....

Guess my question is, can I just splice a plug and breaker off from the main feed in the little box? Seems safe???? If I flip the main breaker it should be cold.... Pulls the load without taking it through the scarey wiring of the house.... What if I want a 110 outlet too?

I have done this before at my moms house, but it was years ago, and there was a blank in the box to pull from....

Hey Shawn, your close and built your house....still want the tank and some blades?? :D

THANKS

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
rckcrlr said:
Hey Shawn, your close and built your house....still want the tank and some blades?? :D

THANKS
Do what I did. Stick your tough on each of the lines until you get the syle of hair you are looking at.......... :rofl: :rofl:

Yes I want them, just need the time and money ;) Kinda busy at work and home.... :eek:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
yeah, you can do that. You need a double breaker to handle the amps, follow instructions and run red to one, black to the other, ground & neutral it... then to the saw.

I had a nice unused dryer circuit, so I just branched it off the plug, saved me a big PITA running the line to the box... I've got a gas dryer and don't need the plug hehehe.

I just wired up an outlet for my new kickarse monster tablesaw... now I can get a welder too... :eek:

oh, to disclaim: I'm no electrician and my house might burn down, so proceed at own risk! lol