New Bender

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
...CW2 Model1...

Ha ha, funny!
Yours puts mine to shame. I guess I'd better get off my butt and paint mine, so it looks less hack. :) I'm 100% certain it won't be two-tone though....I'm not that patient. Yours looks fantastic!

muleskinner

Ha ha, funny!
Yours puts mine to shame. I guess I'd better get off my butt and paint mine, so it looks less hack. :) I'm 100% certain it won't be two-tone though....I'm not that patient. Yours looks fantastic!

;). We spray painted the entire thing then just rolled the outer plate. Not too hard.

muleskinner

i dont know if you designed and built your but i found a guy in russia that build his own and in my opinion it is the best bender you could make or buy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NhP2ZKPjCM

Carl designed and built these, they take a standard JD2 Model 3 die.

That is a sweet bender for sure, but I'm pretty sure he's in that a LOT more time and money than we are.

I couldn't be happier with mine. I converted my old JD2 to hydraulic, but the footprint was huge and it was still horizontal. This one seems a lot easier to use being vertical.

I'll post some video when I run it sometime.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
He's in Finland, not Russia....and he makes some AMAZING tools, that bender included. I hope to be 20% as cool as he is one day. :)

muleskinner

Is that just a Cal-Ranch ram? How much fluid does your system hold? Mine uses like 3 quarts I think. Maybe a gallon.

I bought that ram about 10 years ago at NPS but I'm sure it's identical to a Cal Ranch ram. I used about 3 1/2 - 4 quarts in mine. (I lost a little when I rerouted some lines)

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Painted mine, Skinner-Style. :cool:

IMG_2689.jpg

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Why would you talk me out of giving you money... :wtf: :guilty:

:p

I like that one too, very cool, simple.

Because I'm a very poor businessman. :D

It might not make sense for everyone to buy a new bender, if they have an existing bender they can cobble together a mount for.