New favorite toy

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
So we're heading into fly season. I spend a lot of time outside managing the grill and between the food and the by products of the dogs I have a bit of a fly problem.
Enter the bug-a-salt rifle
Yellow_Website_Zoom_2048_1382_002_large.jpg

Think air powered pump shotgun for flies.
I am ashamed at how much satisfaction this thing gives me.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I was actually thinking of picking up an electronic paddle this afternoon while doing some reading outside this afternoon.

Which one is better?

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
so my bug-a-salt shoots really low, how about yours ?
Also, I got it 5 days ago and in the first two days nailed 40-50 flies each day and now I have a target poor environment. I find it hard to believe I made a dent so I'll write that off to weather/moon phases/better dog turds elsewhere.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
Mine has been the best birthday gift my lady has ever gotten me. I too have experienced the depression that comes with scarce targets. My two favorites is trying to get the end of the barrel as close as possible before shooting resulting in wicked sweet fly splatter marks, and then the other is asking my friends "why are they so salty today?" to which they respond "they are not" leaving it wide open for a point blank shot to the back of the arm with a "you sure about that?".

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I have 2 of these. I like the garden version more because I am a terrible aim, and it is easier to hit stuff with. I need to add a 3rd to my arsenal so I can leave it in my camping rig full time. The one time I forgot it recently, I was swarmed by hornets. I love picking those bastards off with it!