New Forum Software! Help us find issues.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Hey everyone, welcome to the next step for RME... the Xenforo forum software! There will be some time before we're all used to the new layout, where different buttons and options are. In the meantime, if you see any issues or something that isn't working, please use this thread to post up and share what you see.

It will take us a little time to get all the bugs worked out, so please be patient!

gatchmo5710

Almost every photo is like that. The blank in the shot there is only about 1/4 of the entire size.

This one is below the Cherokee. Bout 3 times the size of the photo. Doesn't do it for youtube videos or small attached photos/thumbnails?

1516291038359.png

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Not sure if this is mentioned but I just noticed that when inserting quotes, quotes from outside of the thread I'm commenting on will populate in the box and I had to delete them prior to entering my reply.

Yea the quoting system is very different... it keeps a list of posts that you added to the 'multi-quote' thing. You have to remove them when you are done I guess. It's interesting but I've found it pretty useful in some instances.

Greg

Admin
Greg, I just looked back through the trip report you made of our run on Hell's Revenge. I noticed that the Potato Salad Hill vids you posted at the end are not clickable now. Is that a problem with the software rollover?

https://www.rme4x4.com/threads/jared-boren-memorial-and-birthday-run.113830/

Yeah, it's a difference in how the videos are embedded. I just tried to edit the vids, but now the forum software wants me to limit the images to no more than 20 before I can save the edit. Let me play around and see what I can do.

Now with videos, you can simply copy and paste the URL into your post and the video will show up.... you don't need to add the Tags or use a button to insert it.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Yeah, it's a difference in how the videos are embedded. I just tried to edit the vids, but now the forum software wants me to limit the images to no more than 20 before I can save the edit. Let me play around and see what I can do.

Now with videos, you can simply copy and paste the URL into your post and the video will show up.... you don't need to add the Tags or use a button to insert it.

I found it, updated the count to 20!

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I have not found a way to cancel a post. If you start a post and leave the web page, your started post will appear every time you enter that thread again. Even days later. Is there a way to cancel a post?

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Can we set the forum software to allow attaching Sketchup drawing files (.skp) ?
I'd like to share the plans for my TIG cart.

Greg

Admin
I have not found a way to cancel a post. If you start a post and leave the web page, your started post will appear every time you enter that thread again. Even days later. Is there a way to cancel a post?

The software automatically saves a post, which makes it nice when something happens and you close a window accidentally. It saved a huge post I was writing and my laptop restarted. You can un-save posts by clicking on the 'Hard Disc' on the right, in the toolbar above the reply box. You have the option to 'Save Draft' or 'Delete Draft'.

Can we set the forum software to allow attaching Sketchup drawing files (.skp) ?
I'd like to share the plans for my TIG cart.

I think so? Let me see... OK, give it a try.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
The software automatically saves a post, which makes it nice when something happens and you close a window accidentally. It saved a huge post I was writing and my laptop restarted. You can un-save posts by clicking on the 'Hard Disc' on the right, in the toolbar above the reply box. You have the option to 'Save Draft' or 'Delete Draft'.

I think so? Let me see... OK, give it a try.

Thanks Greg, it works now but for some reason attaching a file has to be done in a new reply. Can't seem to find a way to add it to an existing post.

nevermind, user malfunction ... :)