New G6 for Christmas

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Yay. The wife got me a G6 kit for Christmas. She actually gave it to me over a week ago so I had something to tinker with. I'll get some pictures up here in a few once my son goes to bed but I can tell I'm going to have a bunch of with this thing.

Edit: For Carl's sake, this is an Axial SCX10 G6 Wrangler. Not to be confused with a Pontiac or if you are Russ some random plane that flys around unsuspecting storms.

Last edited:

Toad

I thought it was a Pontiac G6. I would not be bragging about that! I was thinking you must have pissed your wife off or something. Good to hear you got something cool.

Rock Taco

I'm sure you're feeling fly.

[video=youtube;w4s6H4ku6ZY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4s6H4ku6ZY[/video]

Last edited:

rholbrook

In all of us that appreciate RAP world, a G6 is a Gulfstream. It's sung about in a lot of songs. If you are somebody, you could only be seen in one, no way you would get caught in a Lear, Citation or any other lame ass jet.

rholbrook

The breadth of Russ knowledge never ceases to amaze me.
. I grew up with a father that has always had his own planes. He loved to fly. He had everything from the very populate Cessna 172s on up to the 421, 414 and his favorite, a 340 with what they called the Rocket conversion. It had radar and if he couldn't go over the storm, it was fast enough to go around it. That Rocket Conversion made that twin really fast. I spent a lot of time in the right seat with my dad over the years. His big Twins had a ceiling of almost 30K feet and ranges of 6 or so hours. If we crossed an ocean, we took commercial if we stayed on the North and Central American Continents we took his plane. With the rocket conversion, his 340 would cruise in the mid 300 mph. With a good tail wind which isn't uncommon when going from west to east, it would easily push nearly 400 mph. My oldest brother flies private and corporate planes. He has over 15K hours in the skies flying everything from Grand Canyon Tours to Life Flight's Mitsubishi MU-2s, Lear 24 and 26, Saberliners, Boeing 737 and the last 5 years he has been flying a Gulfstream G5 and G6

i spent a lot of time at municipal airports growing up. My very favorite plane to ride in, my brother had a sail plane. You have to go do it.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I always get looked down on when flying in my Lear jet. I always thought it was because my Russion butler, but I guess it's my choice in jets.