New guy in the desert

DesertRam

Howdy RME folks. Name's Troy, and I'm from southern New Mexico. I'm not really in the Rockies, and I'm not really extreme. :D I learned of this site from one of your members and stopped by to check a few things out. I don't really "wheel" in the classical sense. I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 with a Cummins and 6-speed. It has a 2" leveling kit and I'm running little 295s. The main purpose of this rig is to get me out to places to hunt, fish, hike, camp, and Scout. I like reliable and capable and try to be prepared, so 40 extra gallons of fuel, towing equipment (fifth wheel), lots of tools, a winch, and decent recovery gear. Like I said, not extreme, but what I learn about your harder core rigs has real world applications for me in skills development and an ever expanding wish list of goodies. Thanks for having me.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Welcome to RME, Troy.... thanks for the intro! You may not be 'extreme', but you'll fit in around here. The Dodge is a great platform for what you're doing, we had a similar truck that was a DD/tow rig and it got wheeled occasionally.