New Guy in Western Colorado

zgfiredude

Old Fart in Training...
Hi, I'm back in the Jeep game after a LONG time on two wheels. We lived in GJ for a few years and recently moved back towards my wife's birthplace (Aspen) and are now in Silt. I'm working from home and my wife (pre Covid) works up in Aspen. The bikes are almost all sold off, and we started the search for a decent JKU that would allow us to still get out there and see and feel the things that we love outdoors.

I knocked on Greg's door remotely and he gave me some basics translation of the TJ, LJ, JK, JKU, JL, etc new world order! I had a CJ3A, a CJ5, and a CJ7....so much simpler in the old days...LOL.

I was able to find a 2014 JKU Rubicon over in Parker that spent 99% of it's life garaged, and only had 38K miles. Also, it has a 1.5" Teraflex spring lift, 32's on stock wheels (for now), Rock Hard aluminum bumpers front and rear, a winch, and a color matched AEV hood (which is dead sexy). We've been out a time or two already and it's just a little nicer and more capable than the Jeeps of old. Thanks Greg for the encouragement and guidance! As she sits now..........in my tiny garage. I look forward to getting it out there and getting it dirty with assistance from some of you fine folks!

IMG_20200820_200620.jpg

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Looks like you found a good one, Brian! We should get the Jeeps out one of these weekends! Good to see you posting up on here... ;)