New lens, coyotes cooperated...

DAA

Got a new lens for my camera a couple days ago. Took it out for it's first test drive today. Got some pretty good pictures. Coyotes were moving pretty good today too, saw pairs mostly, with several nose-to-ass sightings.

Lens did just fine. It's a Tamron 150-600. I'm not too sure it's doing any better than my old Sigma 150-500 though. I still might just return the Tamron. I need to decide in the next few days. If I want to keep the Tamron, my Sigma is going to be for sale though - in case anyone is interested.

20140126_Wildlife-429W.jpg

20140126_Wildlife-609W.jpg

20140126_Wildlife-292W.jpg

20140126_Wildlife-151W.jpg

20140126_Wildlife-189W.jpg

- DAA

DAA

Thanks guys! Sharing them is pretty much why I do it, so it's always nice to hear when you guys like the pics.

Rad :cool:

What are the specs on the Sigma?

Here's all the news that's fit to print on it:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/549255-REG/Sigma_737101_150_500mm_f_5_6_3_DG_OS.html

My copy seems to be a pretty good one. It's two years old. If you do a search in this forum for my posts, all the wildlife pics I've posted have been taken with it. It's a Canon mount. Glass is 10/10 I've never even had to clean the lens just blow it off with a blower once in awhile, body has a few small slight rub marks from being carried so I'd call it 8/10. If I decide to sell, I'll be looking for $700.

- DAA

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Thanks guys! Sharing them is pretty much why I do it, so it's always nice to hear when you guys like the pics.

Here's all the news that's fit to print on it:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/549255-REG/Sigma_737101_150_500mm_f_5_6_3_DG_OS.html

My copy seems to be a pretty good one. It's two years old. If you do a search in this forum for my posts, all the wildlife pics I've posted have been taken with it. It's a Canon mount. Glass is 10/10 I've never even had to clean the lens just blow it off with a blower once in awhile, body has a few small slight rub marks from being carried so I'd call it 8/10. If I decide to sell, I'll be looking for $700.

- DAA

Sweet, let me know if it becomes available as I've been considering a longer lens. Might be too much for me at this point but worth investigating.