New Mbryson tow pig...”Sweaty Betty” - 2010 F350 V10

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I think the trade off is worth it for the poor fuel mileage? If it's as reliable as everyone says and will do the job, the gas mileage is much better than the 6.0L or 6.4L (they don't get to good of mpg with their regen features and such from what I hear) repairs? Time will tell of course.

This is why I will own a new RAM 2500 with the 6.4 Hemi... someday. Diesel is just too much of a pain.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I think the 8.1 would outpull this? It’d be fun to find out. TOTALLY different engine. You drive this like it’s a small block. The 8.1 just grunts kind of like a diesel and gets stuff done. The V10 kind of grunts but needs some revs as well. It’s not bad, just not the same

mbryson

Supporting Member
Wheels look much better!

I tried not to go chrome but it just seems to fit the truck better with the steps and huge grille/bumpers. I need to figure out some center caps for the front. For some reason, I like access to my locking hubs.

I'll have to buy all new ball caps with the 20" wheels and keep them flat billed?

Are splash guards still a thing? Not sure if they'd look good or not but you can see they'd be kind of handy. I'll look for some OEM units and see what I find

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
Those wheels look nice. I'm not one for the all blacked out look though. I had black wheels on my black Jeep for the past 7 years and they looked ok but I wanted a bit of contrast this go 'round. I think you made the right call on wheels.

Mike

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Are splash guards still a thing? Not sure if they'd look good or not but you can see they'd be kind of handy. I'll look for some OEM units and see what I find

I added factory splash guards f/r on my Ram when I got it. They’re nice, hard plastic ones. I expect F*rd has something similar.

mbryson

Supporting Member

mbryson

Supporting Member
B6A9A09B-B8D8-4BE5-91E9-F7DF16C0A54A.jpegF4565163-B707-4BC4-A714-F2570EA7F415.jpeg07C144BA-1A2F-4CF5-A9F6-F3F14354C6F0.jpeg Here’s a couple of “cleaned up” pics I took the other day. It had a trip to Idaho Falls yesterday (the EcoBoost has a misfire on cyl 4) and got 11.3 mpg on the way up and 10.4 on the way back. I think I had a bit of a tailwind up there and a bit of a headwind on the way back? I need to 5% correct that for tire size but that’s still pretty much what I expected for fuel mpg.

Even up Malad pass from the north, the truck didn’t really come out of cruise. Coming from the south, it didn’t even downshift. From the north it did downshift and hit about 3200 rpm on the tach. I’m a little anxious to tow with this beast. Curious how it will compare to the 8.1 Sub

Last edited:

mbryson

Supporting Member
I'm wondering how "expo" the Truxedo bed cover is. I quite like it for a lot of reasons. It's not the most secure thing in the world but it's kind of cool and handy to me.

1549345201005.png

Attachments

• 1549345143118.png
    1549345143118.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 2