New Member, HOWDY! Sammy Q's

FieroJones

It's not a Sports Car?
Howdy All... Found your Forum under an E-mail, thought I'd pop in and say HI! Looks to be great!! How often do you guys out wheelin? Also, anyone know of a VERY inexpensive way to do a SPOA? I wanna do it all myself, but dont wanna spend any money. (Isnt that how it always is?) Any help at all would be great!!

-Karl

jp008

I see you found it OK Karl. I'll get in touch with you on the sami lift. There are many ways to do this and only a couple worth doing. If you don't do it correctly you could rip your axle housing apart. Sami housings are VERY thin and don't take much to tear apart. Let me know-----

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Sounds like you might as well do it right the first time and toss some Toyota axles under there! But, I doubt that would be sticking with 'Cheap'. And YES, thats always how it is!

Too Far

parts is parts
I am going to start a SOA lift for my brother on his sammy this week. I would like to hear any helpful hints as well.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
#1 you are going to have serious steering problems unless you build a drop drag link or buy a cross over steering kit.

#2 on the front axle make sure to get your perches level because one of the perches sits on the edge of the pumpkin.

#3 get some longer brake lines the stock ones are about 2 inches long.

#4 dont weld for two long on the axle tube, i have seen beer cans with thicker metal.

#5 get driveline spacers or longer drivelines, the vibes will rattle your teeth out after about 200 miles.

#6 to avoid all this buy the lift kit from rocky road outfitters up in heber. they have a very comprehensive kit for about 500$ if memory serves. the trailer perch idea is sitting on my zuk and i wish i had gone with their laser cut perch setup.

Too Far

parts is parts
Crap! I was in Heber today. With the olympics starting tomorrow I bet Heber is going to be a zoo for the rest of the month.