New motorcycle!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
So does anyone want a WR250F? :rofl: I love the bike, but Caleb pointed out a deal that I couldn't pass up... a 2008 WR250R, which I've been dreaming about for quite sometime. The plan is to sell both my WR250F and my wife's TT-R 250, in trade for the WR250R. Catherine will be able to ride the WRR when we both want to ride, and I'll be able to ride the WRR when I want to ride something smaller & lighter than my DR650.

Guess I'll post up a classified ad... :eek:

SportSawyer

.... I found a factory take-off exhaust from a YZF250 on Ebay that looked pretty clean and picked it up for $50. I bolted it on since it's almost a direct fit, but noticed that it was a much better exhaust. ....

The YZ exhaust doesn't have a built-in spark arrestor like the WR. You'll need a spark arrestor to use the bike on any FS, BLM, or State (SITLA or Sovereign) lands.

Pro Moto Billet makes a nice screen-type spark arrestor endcap for YZ mufflers, see:

http://www.promotobillet.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/46_48_39

They aren't cheap, but cheaper than buying a new exhaust with a built-in spark arrestor. May be some other options, but the bottom line is: you'll need a spark arrestor to use it on trails.

Greg

Admin
The YZ exhaust doesn't have a built-in spark arrestor like the WR. You'll need a spark arrestor to use the bike on any FS, BLM, or State (SITLA or Sovereign) lands.

Pro Moto Billet makes a nice screen-type spark arrestor endcap for YZ mufflers, see:

http://www.promotobillet.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/46_48_39

They aren't cheap, but cheaper than buying a new exhaust with a built-in spark arrestor. May be some other options, but the bottom line is: you'll need a spark arrestor to use it on trails.

Thanks for mentioning it, I am aware that it will need a spark arrestor. I was thinking about fabbing up my own, since I'm cheap and I could make it work just as well as an aftermarket spark arrestor.

SportSawyer

.... I am aware that it will need a spark arrestor. I was thinking about fabbing up my own, since I'm cheap and I could make it work just as well as an aftermarket spark arrestor.

It might work as well if you can find the right screen. But it won't be USDA FS approved, so it won't be legal by-the-book. Some LEO's might let it slide, some might not.

Greg

Admin
It might work as well if you can find the right screen. But it won't be USDA FS approved, so it won't be legal by-the-book. Some LEO's might let it slide, some might not.

I do still have the factory WR exhaust that came off the bike. I'd like to pull the muffler apart and see about adapting the screen of the spark arrestor from the WR into the YZF muffler. At least the screen would be the correct material, size & application.... that's the theory, we'll see how the real world application works out.

If that doesn't work, I'm thinking about adapting something like this-

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...vTitle=Exhaust&webCatId=18&prodFamilyId=19531

$14 and some elbow grease sounds much better than $140.

rholbrook

I really appreciate the offer, but I'd better pass... for my health and my wallet! :D If I rode that thing, I'd want a WR450 and an auto-clutch!
Yeah, your probably right. I just got home from riding up Tuttle Loop above Bountiful. I love the clutch more and more. I have ridden it more in the last month than I have in the last 2 years. I bet I have 300 miles on the auto. I will never go back.