New Pope...

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
carnage said:
you arent following his will by saying gays are sinful and should be shunned, love and compasion people.
Did I say they should be shunned? Please quote me if I did. For the record, I am not a Catholic, nor do I have any affiliation with the Catholic church. I do belive in their right to restrict access though.

carnage

spencurai said:
Insert obligatory..."Arguing about religion on the internet is like running in the special olympics..." line here!! :rofl:[/QU]
Haha, I agree I just like voicing my opinion every once in a while. Doesn't really matter what the subject.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
carnage said:
I go to a Catholic school, we were having a discussion on homosexuality, and numerous people brought up that exact same sentence "the Bible says gays are abominations" Well if you remember a time in our history, people used the Bible to justify slavery, they even had the odacity to try to convert those they were treating unjustly to their religion! It like Hitler killing 6 million Jews then afterwards walking up to a Jew and going "Hey this is my book, convert to my following!" When I say people "hide behind the bible" I mean that too often people quote from Bible passages like they were quoting God in an interview.
Sorry, I was only trying to explain what may have been the Pope's, and possibly the Catholic church's point of view.

carnage

Hickey said:
Did I say they should be shunned? Please quote me if I did. For the record, I am not a Catholic, nor do I have any affiliation with the Catholic church. I do belive in their right to restrict access though.
Oh no, that was not directly aimed at you :) . I'm just saying in general I don't like how people use the Bible as a basis for their views. Should be able to use your own morals and brain power, don't like how people just take them from others and use them as such. That direct sentence was aimed at a few people I have come accross that have that sort of "the gays can burn in hell" view and then when asked "why?" they go "because the bible says they are abominations to god." Just want to whack them on the head and go yeah but what are your own moral views on it?
"Sorry, I was only trying to explain what may have been the Pope's, and possibly the Catholic church's point of view." - Oh no it's fine, and I'm not saying every Catholic holds these views either. My religion teacher, and 2 of my preists agree that the churches stance on gay rights are a bit questionable. The American church is a lot more liberal then that of any other countries, which is why the first statement Benedict IXV(correct me if that roman numeral is incorrect, I have no idea.) made was directed towards the American Church.

Last edited:

carnage

alf4444 said:
A sin is a sin in Gods eyes. And last I checked Homosexuality is a sin. I don't believe its right for any church to withhold the sacrament to someone for the act of any sin. Thats just my opinion and I'm sure some are wondering, I do have a religious affiliation but it is neither LDS or Catholic.

One thing especially in this state is the the way people weight sins. Man measured sins God sees them as equally bad.

Discuss :greg:
God did NOT write the Bible. Who says what a sin is and what isn't? Your conscience should, because after all if you beleive anything any church preaches, God gave us free will and a moral conscience. If you need proof God did not write the Bible, please read Genisis. The view that God created the world all at once and everything on it exactly the way it is now, is false. Fossil records, pure observation, obviously show these as faulsities. Yes God created life, but if he is no longer directly interfering with life, then the world has the freedom to change on its own, and it has. And official church teachings, even conservative ones, do not take Genisis factualy.

Last edited:

Webby

Official Cutie Pie
ok... I know this is REALLY bad, and im probably gunna go to hell... but I saw this on another forum and had to share:

papa2ey.jpg