New to utah

I will be moving to Utah at the end of april from across the country. looking for a very active and hardcore 4x4 forum local to the Utah area. I will be near Salt Lake City. Am I in the right spot or what?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I will be moving to Utah at the end of april from across the country. looking for a very active and hardcore 4x4 forum local to the Utah area. I will be near Salt Lake City. Am I in the right spot or what?

Yep, you found the perfect place! :D Welcome to RME!

What do you wheel?

I built an all Toyota buggy last year but after breaking rcv inners and 8" thirds I upgraded to built one tons. Still has the heart of a Toyota though

By hardcore i meant in wheeling, as i have a non street legal buggy i'm not real interested in a forum that has all bolt on lift kits and 35's to go hit the local mud hole or non hard trail. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Everyone starts somewhere and has to learn, i'm no master fabricator. Just want to find a place with similar rigs to go ride

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
By hardcore i meant in wheeling, as i have a non street legal buggy i'm not real interested in a forum that has all bolt on lift kits and 35's to go hit the local mud hole or non hard trail. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Everyone starts somewhere and has to learn, i'm no master fabricator. Just want to find a place with similar rigs to go ride

lol.... you're in the right place. ;) We're predominantly a group of guys that like to build rigs from the ground-up and hit the hardest trails. There is a good mix of vehicles too, but everyone on here actually wheels their junk, weather it's a beater Crawler on 42's or a JK on 35's. ;)

With your rig, you'll fit right in.... plenty of Toyota & Toyota-buggy guys hanging around here. Example, Colton's F-Toy project that's undergoing major surgery to be more competition-friendly, loosing some length and gaining Tons. He's running a 22R running propane and a turbo. - https://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?99049-The-Budget-Buggy-Take-Two

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Check out the Old School Rock Crawl. It's a friendly competition based on rock crawling before the days of UROC and WE Rock.

Good time!

Wasatch Penguin

Welcome...we are transplants too. Both from San Francisco and we came out for work to check it out as well. That was 12 years ago and I now work in SF but decided years ago to stay in Utah. We live in downtown SLC and love it. If you like to get out and do, it is a hard place to beat.

I'm new to the forum and just a new trail running Jeep guy who spends a lot of time down in Moab, so I don't think you will have much to shoot the bull with me wheeling wise, but if you have any questions about the SLC area in general and what's what around the city and the valley, feel free to reach out.

Welcome to the Wasatch Front...I think you might love it.

-WP

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Welcome to Utah..sadly I'm overseas for a few more years but you found the right place. This is great forum for mild to wild. Plenty of guys here to show you the hardest trails around.

Enjoy it for sure.

Sent from my SM-G906K using Tapatalk

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
i have a non street legal buggy i'm not real interested in a forum that has all bolt on lift kits and 35's to go hit the local mud hole or non hard trail.

Sounds like somebody needs to go run the Hanging Tree Trail this summer. ;)

Seriously, welcome to the group. This is definitely The Place for you.