New to utah

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
By hardcore i meant in wheeling, as i have a non street legal buggy i'm not real interested in a forum that has all bolt on lift kits and 35's to go hit the local mud hole or non hard trail. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Everyone starts somewhere and has to learn, i'm no master fabricator. Just want to find a place with similar rigs to go ride

In Utah, you can make your buggy street legal. :D
https://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?102500-Street-legal-buggys-It-Passed!

Flying out this weekend to try and find a place to rent. If you know of any places within an hour or so of the airport it would be greatly appreciated. I have two large dogs and would like a place I can park my 30ft car trailer.

Tonkaman

Flying out this weekend to try and find a place to rent. If you know of any places within an hour or so of the airport it would be greatly appreciated. I have two large dogs and would like a place I can park my 30ft car trailer.

I assume your looking for a house? An hour radius of the airport is a HUGE area!

The best place to find rentals is KSL.com and Craigslist.

I'll give ksl a try, craigslist isnt helping alot. At this point i'm looking for anything, i have to reprt to work on the 25th so i just need a definite go to place so i can plan out the rental truck get things in order

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
What's your rental budget?

Welcome to Utah and the forum. This is the best state, and the best forum. Glad to have you.

carsonc1974

I hate to break it to ya, but rentals and homes for sale are in short supply, pretty rough right now. Good luck in your hunt!

smartass_kid

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS, numerous articles have been reported recently about it.

if you are looking for a house, the west/SW side of the valley is your best bet. unless you look into toole/stansbury park area but not sure how you would like that. also north salt lake and that way would be possible.

KSL.COM is the default classified for here, except for guns but whatever. i believe for rentals they have partnered with rentler.com? with dogs it will reduce the search a bit since some people won't even consider them but you will have to pay extra for housing that accepts them. i would suggest using storage for your rv trailer since it will make the search easier.

edit: are you working near the airport, i assume?

Last edited:
I'm not much of a city person so i dont mind being out in the sticks. Yes i will keep the trailer at a storage lot if need be. Yes i will be working at the airport.

carsonc1974

I'm not much of a city person so i dont mind being out in the sticks. Yes i will keep the trailer at a storage lot if need be. Yes i will be working at the airport.

Tooele may be a good option for you then. I dont know how the rental market is out there, but I've been trying to buy a house out there for months and cant make it happen.

Houndoc

I would definitely live out in Grantsville if I could make it happen for work.

There are a few of us here that live in Grantsville. The only reason I would say not to do it is to keep growth down....

Stansbury Park/Erda/Grantsville all good options for working at the airport.

Magna also very easy access and not stuck living in the middle of the valley.

Man is it slim picking though, I can't afford a lot until I find out if I get this promotion at work or not. Housing compared to Georgia is expensive. I do not plan to rent long, once our house sells and we find an area we like I will be buying and will have a good down payment.

Tonkaman

Even living here it's hard to get into a good rental. I've seen several places get rented out the same day they are posted with 20 people waiting in line to see the place.

The trip out was pretty boring other than the views. Glad to be here and ready to get moved in our rental house and hit some trails soon