New toyota buggy speed build

yz250_

Now that I sold my last buggy it's time to get the new one done. It's wheelin season here in St Geoege. With Devin at the reins on the build we will see how fast we can hit the trails. For the most part everything we need to finish the build is sitting there waiting to be installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

yz250_

Couple of weekends ago we tore apart the donor rig but wasn't really worried about time then.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418618559.559194.jpg

Last edited:

yz250_

It's time to get going now though.

Day one (yesterday) got the frame torched up and prepped.

Day two (today) got the two axles cleaned up and the front mounted. The rear is ready to mount but going to wait until the motor is in the get the ride height correct.

Should have it in or close to in tomorrow after work.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418618688.642035.jpg

Last edited:

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Nice, hope to see that thing out on the trail soon! So this will also be a formula toy buggy and what powerplant, trans and gearing options ya gonna run? Are you gonna keep it as a 4 seater or a 2 seater?

yz250_

Ftoy
4 seater
3.4L
5 speed
Toyota crawl box to twin stick Dana 300
Full hydro
Toyota axles with Longfields, six shooters & drive flanges
488's
Detroits
37" stickies
Beadlocks
Cutting brakes
Supercharger - possibly

Last edited:

yz250_

I've been sick the last two days so Devin has been working by himself on my stuff. The rear frenched hangars are in and the rear axle position.

The motor, trans and cases should be going in shortly

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418941885.803514.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418941902.322321.jpg

Coco

Looking good man! I am sure you plan on it, but just in case make sure you brace those frenched hangers. A lot of the F-Toy guys do the frenched hangers and brace them up really good.

yz250_

Looking good man! I am sure you plan on it, but just in case make sure you brace those frenched hangers. A lot of the F-Toy guys do the frenched hangers and brace them up really good.

What you can see is not even the hangar. That is another additional 1/4" x 4" plates added onto it. There will also be more added on the front and back sides of it