New Trail to be opened in Moab: Rear Steer (Black Ridge 4x4 route)

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Looks like another win for MFFW and 4 wheelers all around! HUGE congrats and thank you to MFFW for working with the BLM to get this route designated!

More info on their FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/478376492216414/

-----

From Melissa Fischer @ MFFW:

We are very proud to announce the grand opening of a new extreme rockcrawling trail in the Moab area. The name of the trail is Rear Steer, aka Black Ridge 4x4 route (official BLM name) and it is about a mile long.
The MFFW club is installing signage, fencingand a kiosk on the trail September 16th and the trail will officially open on the 23rd.

The location of the trail is beyond Area BFE. I will provide maps and details as we get closer. No permits will be required to run this trail.

Right now, we have given it a 9+ difficulty designation but it may realistically be a 10.

Some of you may recognize this trail as it has been run in the past (legally and illegally) under a different name. If so, please do not use this trail until we get our signs and fencing installed, anytime September 23rd or later, you're good to go.
Attached are a couple of photos to give you an idea of what portions of this trail look like. After our work day on September 16th, I will post much more detail with maps, etc.
This is on BLM land and we are very fortunate to get this trail legally designated. It is critical that we take good care of this trail and the lands around it.

RockChucker

Cool! I have never seen that trail before, but I think I have heard of it. Do you know what the trail used to be called? I have a guess at what it is...