Nine Mile advice?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Lots to see in that canyon........spent a lot of time in Nine Mile as a kid when my moms side of the family was still running a cattle operation. Make a loop out of it and continue up Cottonwood Canyon after the Great Hunt panel and take the Cold Springs road up to Bruin Point and down into East Carbon.

Houndoc

Lots to see in that canyon........spent a lot of time in Nine Mile as a kid when my moms side of the family was still running a cattle operation. Make a loop out of it and continue up Cottonwood Canyon after the Great Hunt panel and take the Cold Springs road up to Bruin Point and down into East Carbon.
What are those roads like?
Debating which vehicle to take. Xterra obviously gives a lot more route options. Little Mazda CX3 sips gas and fun to drive.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
The loop is fun and scenic. I've yet to drive it and not see wild horses. The Xtrerra will be better suited for the loop into East Carbon, but if you want to take the Mazda, drive to the Great Hunt panel and turn around (all pavement) then head home by connecting to Hwy 40 (pavement) or another scenic dirt road through Argyle Canyon to 191.