No Joy

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
Ordered two covers from BlueTorch Fab on 7/5/07 ... double checked my visa today, had not been charged yet ... ouch ... was hoping they would be delivering today or tomorrow.

They have 14b in stock, but I ordered a d60 "high fill". They have the non-hi-fill in stock, but the high fills will not be in for another 4 to 5 days ..

So, do I really care if I have a high fill plug on a d60 front cover?

edit:

ie. how does one fill a non-hi-fill cover?

Last edited:

Badger

I am the Brute squad
depending on the whether they made a caster change and rotated the pinion you could get away with a low fill.it just allows you to run a bit more fluid and make sure you always have fluid in the proper places when you have a high pinion angle.

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
hmmm, I'm turned up a bit but not radically

what do you think?

fully extended view:

Jeep010.jpg

Fully compressed view

Jeep012.jpg

Bart

I just put a jack under the pumpkin and raise it up. That way you can fill substantially above the fill hole.

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
FYI, when I ordered my 14b cover they didn't charge me until it was delivered.

I sent them an email Tuesday asking about the status ... they did not respond to that email, so I gave them a call this morning ... they said they had the 14b in stock but would not have the high fill d60 in for 4 to 5 days.

Glad I called when I did, wish I would have called Tuesay, instead of waiting until today.

R

rockdog

Good luck! I waited two months for my 14 bolt truss! I'll never order anything from them again. Ordered my diff covers from great lakes, they were there in a week and a half. :(

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Redd Bradshaw, great guy and now FORMER BTF employee. Did not leave with hard feelings that I know of, or for any reason that would lead one to think BTF sucks or anything.

Hmmmmm Bender and Redd are gone. Interesting.

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
well, they did update my on-line order status yesterday to "shipped" (with corresponding status change email sent). A check of my visa account does not reflect the charges yet ... might be too soon.

I'll call and ask for a tracking number ... ouch ... "the voice mail box is full", it should be 9:30am there.

crap, I hope this does not turn into true NO JOY

MRJ

Just a user
Redd Bradshaw, great guy and now FORMER BTF employee. Did not leave with hard feelings that I know of, or for any reason that would lead one to think BTF sucks or anything.

Hmmmmm Bender and Redd are gone. Interesting.

I had not heard Bender left, that's interesting.