no traction bar + the dome on golden spike = silly springs....

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
4:1 t-case+no traction bar + the dome on golden spike = silly springs....I got a little upset when my carb was sloshing on the STEEP route up the dome. I got a little too much into the peddle and the tires at 6 or 7 PSI stuck like glue.....something had to give!!
sillysprings1.jpg
sillysprings2.jpg
sillysprings3.jpg

VICE GRIPS RULE!!! they got me the whole way out !!!

I do have to say that MOAB OFFROAD is pretty fair. I got a new/used set of springs to finish out the trip for 40$ total. Those guys turn you loose on their junk pile and let you take what you can find for a fair price. I gotta get back there soon!!! MOAB ROCKS!!!

Last edited:

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
what is that a whole three leaves in that pack? Is that the original setup or what? Get a pack with more leaves and this will be less likely to happen.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by Skyetone
what is that a whole three leaves in that pack? Is that the original setup or what? Get a pack with more leaves and this will be less likely to happen.

they are 4 packs.....and the new ones are 5 packs with a military wrap.....if you got too many leaves + a sub 2000lb vehicle = no flex!!

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
He he I got a nice hump on mine rear springs when I was doing Dump Bump back in Easter Safari 01' All the hoppin and all. Im surprise it didn' break. I replaced them with the Rancho 1.5" lifted springs. I wanted to go with the 3" lifted nationals but Glenn said the Ranchos were more beefer. So far so good.

jp008

Originally posted by SmokinCamel
I wanted to go with the 3" lifted nationals but Glenn said the Ranchos were more beefer. So far so good.

The nationals DO NOT hold up. I know a guy that has nationals in a SPOA and he has trashed 3 sets. The nationals on my SE Sami (SPUA) are starting to get the famous reverse arch and it doesn't even see dirt. (street only)

As far as Jeep springs I've got a "new" set of Wranglers (6pack) that I'm going to put in the rear. Even with my skinny butt standing on them they drop about an inch. These are soft. Hopefully they will not ~ too fast. :eek: