North Dakota Storm

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
I was about 100 miles from town when this passed over Williston and wreaked massive havoc.

I didn't have my canon on me, but this is 30 shots wide manually shot with my phone, and then stitched in photoshop.

i-f45fzFs-X3.jpg

93TJ

I control air traffic at Williston, and it seems like they are always getting hammered by storms. What's even crazier, are the cloud seeders that fly straight into the storms.

Awesome pictures by the way.

Last edited:

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Great picture.

What's even crazier, are the cloud seeders that fly straight into the storms.

I had no idea this was a thing.

Cloud seeding is no longer considered a fringe science, and is considered a mainstream tool to improve rain precipitation and snow. New technology and research have produced reliable results that make cloud seeding a dependable and affordable water-supply practice for many regions.[SUP][4][/SUP] While practiced widely around the world, the effectiveness of cloud seeding is still a matter of academic debate. In 2004 the National Research Council released a report stating that to date, there is still no convincing scientific proof of the efficacy of intentional weather modification.
wikipedia

OB1

Have you gotten with the Cliffhanger 4x4 club there in Williston? I'm in Minot and have been wanting to wheel with them in the Badlands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Have you gotten with the Cliffhanger 4x4 club there in Williston? I'm in Minot and have been wanting to wheel with them in the Badlands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm only up here a few weeks at a time, helping a friend setup a trucking/hotshot company. I may be here more often, the money is just too ridiculous!

We deliver parts/supplies to all the NABORS drilling rigs all over the northwest (Bakken and Cheyenne)

I drove the neon up here, jeep eats up gas too much :)