Now that we know what you tow with, Let's see some pictures

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Truck is stock other than an SCT tuner running the 60 HP tow tune. Power wise it is OK. It could definetly use some gears or more tune. Handling is awesome. I've had several super duties and the CC long bed 350 has been a big improvement over CC short bed 250`s.

N8RB8R

Just got into a new tow rig, could not be any happier! Big thanks to TurboMinivan for the awesome truck!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Truck is stock other than an SCT tuner running the 60 HP tow tune. Power wise it is OK. It could definetly use some gears or more tune. Handling is awesome. I've had several super duties and the CC long bed 350 has been a big improvement over CC short bed 250`s.

I have wheelbase envy. What year is it? I also use a 60hp setting when towing heavy (9000-13000lbs). An Airaid Stage 2 was the missing puzzle piece for my '02 7.3. Really woke it up (or rather, gave me back the bottom half of the throttle).

Just got into a new tow rig, could not be any happier! Big thanks to TurboMinivan for the awesome truck!

Congrats! Wish I could see the pics on my phone. Dempsey strikes again :)

Last edited:

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Dempsey strikes again :)

It was hilarious. Nate and I spoke on the phone a few times setting things up, but then when he actually showed up it became an episode of This Is Your Life--it seems that nearly every single person Nate has ever worked with is now a co-worker of mine. I knew that Nate and I had many friends in common; I just didn't know I see so many of them on a regular basis.

Always happy to help another RME member.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Here's my latest tow rig. Works better than I thought it would. The air suspension is actually pretty cool for the load. Takes a bit to get used to in the corners in the canyons. Knocks down about 9-10 mpg towing (gets about 10-12 driving around, so it's not that big of a drop). Goes over Soldiers at about 55 or so. It's getting worked but not like a 350 TBI Suburban

Nav_towing.jpg

(never mind the brake dust on the front wheels....Hadn't been washed for a month or two at this point, I'd assume---if I was a real husband...... Nav had towed all of 1 mile at this point)
IMG_0991%20(Medium).JPG
(airbags are a bit low in this picture)

Last edited:

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
Here is my other tow vehicle. This tows the enclosed trailer to the dunes if we are only going down for the day. Otherwise the coach has tow duties.

Mike.

2006 Silverado 2500 Duramax. RCD 6" suspension, Bilstein 5100 shocks, 20"x9" MKW M86 wheels wrapped with BFG 325/60R20 All Terrains, Banks Monster exhaust, Cognito steering components, FabTech tie rods, Auto Meter gauges on "A" pillar mount, billet grille, Mag-Hytec differential cover, EGR blockoff w/fingerstick, PCV re-route and Curt 15k pound hitch.
2qlsxsh.jpg

53acz6.jpg

Last edited:

cjncustoms

Well I picked me up a new tow rig today. Finally have a real truck now! It's a 2006 3500 big horn edition 5.9L w/71k miles. Has 2 1/2" leveling kit, air bags, tonneau cover and straight pipe:D. Super clean truck! Can't wait to tow with it!

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 18

6.2Diesel

nissan titan- pulls nice but a head wind coming home from moab can put a damper on life, I got some air bags to better level out the truck but besides that she will comfortably pull at 65-70, I pretty much don't pull anything much faster than that. photo-4.jpeg