OBDII Scanner Recommendations

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Whenever I've had a car throw a CEL, I generally just "rent" a scanner from the local parts store, get the code, resolve the problem, go back to the parts store and clear the code. My wife's car has thrown a couple of codes recently, and my auto shop teacher friend lent me his very fancy scanner to help diagnosis the issue. And damn, is it nice to have all that additional data beyond just the code!
So, that's got me thinking that I need one of my own, but they range in price from dirt cheap to hundreds of dollars. The one I'm borrowing is a $400 unit, for example. Anyone have one they recommend?

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Ballew is still kickin?

Some fun memories tagging along with that SHS auto crew for Moab runs.

PS... I have no experience further than ScanGaugeII

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Ballew is still kickin?

Some fun memories tagging along with that SHS auto crew for Moab runs.

PS... I have no experience further than ScanGaugeII

Kevin is still around yes, he's teaching at Granger. My friend Chris, who did graduate HS with me back in the day, is now the teacher at Olympus.
When they started to tear down D Building at Skyline a month ago Chris and I went in there to help clean stuff out and we found a bunch of photo's from 2000-2004ish. Couple of your Samurai from the 2k1 trip in there.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Kevin is still around yes, he's teaching at Granger. My friend Chris, who did graduate HS with me back in the day, is now the teacher at Olympus.
When they started to tear down D Building at Skyline a month ago Chris and I went in there to help clean stuff out and we found a bunch of photo's from 2000-2004ish. Couple of your Samurai from the 2k1 trip in there.

"Nobody suspected the Spanish Inquisition!"

SnwMnkys

I use the Torque app and a OBDII dongle off Amazon. Works well for quick code retrieval and very basic data with numbers behind it.

Anything in depth Ive got an Auto Engenuity setup that runs through the laptop. I probably only know how to use 5% of it.