Ode to my Tacoma

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I just felt a burning sensation that I needed to stand up and bear my appreciation (feel like testimony meeting yet?) for my Tacoma... She has been an excellent rig for the past year (this month is our 1yr anniversary).

The two of us have traveled to 7 Western states, ~30,000 miles, countless camping trips, and at least 1000 miles in the dirt... And all she asks of me is a little fuel, oil, and air...

I love you Tacoma... :)

utahxjer

I bet you have video of yourself jumping for joy in front of your Toyota, like those older Toyota commercials. :rofl:

Last edited:

MattL

Arnt ya going to brag about her specs.. like any guy would bout his g/f's, jeeps, computer, or fill in the space, goods?

by the way what year is it. I have been tossing the idea of getting an extended cab or a 4 door one... just havent jumped yet.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
miatre said:
Arnt ya going to brag about her specs.. like any guy would bout his g/f's, jeeps, computer, or fill in the space, goods? ...

She is a pretty stock 96' Ex. Cab (pre-TRD :( ), other that a 2" Old Man Emu Suspension lift, and a set of BFG AT 32" tires.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
We went to testdrive a few double cab Tacomas the other night. They only had auto trannies on the lot. It seemed kinda gutless to me compared to my badass minivan, I hope the 5 speed has more oomph. The salesmen told me that the locker should not be used above 5 MPH, "Because it might hurt the axle...." :rofl: Holly was captivated by the Tundra double cab, so we drove one of those too. They are damn sexay. Ballsy too. :eek:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Hickey said:
We went to testdrive a few double cab Tacomas the other night. They only had auto trannies on the lot. It seemed kinda gutless to me compared to my badass minivan, I hope the 5 speed has more oomph...

WAAAAAAAAAY more... Shortney (my ex, still best freind) has a Auto Dbl Cab, hers sucks to drive, feels gutless... Hop into my 5 speed an zoom around town... Sad thing, they offer the double cab in the auto configuration... :(

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Hickey said:
There were about 15 of them on the lot.... they said you would probably have to order one that way. :rolleyes:

15 with manuals??? If they do, it is new for 05' (or mabey 04').. I have never seen a dbl. with the manual...

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
cruiseroutfit said:
15 with manuals??? If they do, it is new for 05' (or mabey 04').. I have never seen a dbl. with the manual...
Sorry, no, they were auto's. I wanted to test drive a manual, but none were available.

gcb17

Hickey said:
Sorry, no, they were auto's. I wanted to test drive a manual, but none were available.

as of a few years ago, you could only get a 5 spd ex cab or double cab w/ 4WD. not sure if that is the case still. not that it would deter you.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
You can get the "Prerunner" which is 2wd in both double and ext cab. They are not very popular in Utah, but I see them all over in California.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Just another prop to my beloved Tacoma... we just got back from a Camping trip up near Scofield Resevoir (Fairview Lakes)... she is the best... I love you Tacoma... :)

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Yeah, the taco is a bitchen DD weekend warrior.

After seeing all the pre-runners in Primm and So-cal, I really want one. That would be sick.

Cody

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I wish I could marry my Tacoma... :D

Today we set out to do some rabbit hunting, ended up doing 75+ miles in the dirt @ an average speed of ~65mph (got it over 100mph a few times).

Really shed some new light on the Cr.Out. Ultimate Adventure, might need to make the Cruiser faster :D

PS, Greg, lift your taco and lets go baja'n :D