Oil pan replacement in a taco?

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Just wondering if anyone has replaced an oil pan in a Tacoma? I got my trusty 2.7 4 squirrel motor and I think I've hit the oil pan enough to swap it out. It looks like I need to remove the front diff to get it in and out. Are there any tricks here I need to be aware of?

Some questions just because
Do I need to pull both CV axles or could I just pull one and then pull away from the other side?

I got manual hubs, I believe there is a snap ring holding the CV in place, any tricks getting the aisin hubs off? Looks like I'm stuck on the cone washers holding it.

Am I just over thinking it and just leave it attached and detach the diff from cross member and hang it from some straps and that provides enough clearance to pull the pan?

Pic for attention
IMG_20200912_135020.jpg

Last edited:

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I got a new one waiting to go on, just still trying to figure out how the old one comes out. I'm tempted to just put my transmission jack under the diff, leave the CV's attached and pull the bolts and drop it and see if I get enough clearance. I think replacing the clutch is more straight forward than pulling the oil pan at this point...