Ford ok no on the 6.0 but how about 7.3l???/

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I ok I found a nice f350 with a 7.3 and a six speed manual tranny... what is the thoughts on this vehicle? good or bad???????

Caleb

I sold my 99 Powerstroke with 280K on it without any issues at all. It too was a 7.3L/6 speed manual. I miss having a fullsize truck. :)

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
The 7.3's are by far the best when it comes to Power Strokes imo. What year are you looking at? There were some changes made troughout the years (99-03), but nothing really major. The HEUI injection system is interesting but very reliable. If you get one remember that the injection system operates off of engine oil so it is very important to keep on top of your oil changes. I know several people that have cleared 280K+ miles (one friend has 720K :eek:) with few problems. The ZF6 is a winner as far as manuals go I would definatly go that route.

ricsrx

I wish i would have installed a manual when my auto gave out, I could have gotten a good manual for the $3500.00 I forked out for the auto...

Brians truck shop rules for the auto trany's

jester

The 7.3's are by far the best when it comes to Power Strokes imo. What year are you looking at? There were some changes made troughout the years (99-03), but nothing really major. The HEUI injection system is interesting but very reliable. If you get one remember that the injection system operates off of engine oil so it is very important to keep on top of your oil changes. I know several people that have cleared 280K+ miles (one friend has 720K :eek:) with few problems. The ZF6 is a winner as far as manuals go I would definatly go that route.

I like the engines but that being said I have done a lot of work on them and the majority of what I have done is on the HEUI system. The IPR and the ICP sensors have some issues but overall i think they are great engines.

jester

I like the engines but that being said I have done a lot of work on them and the majority of what I have done is on the HEUI system. The IPR and the ICP sensors have some issues but overall i think they are great engines.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
its an 01 f350 lariat with only 90,327 miles.. from where its at I assume it was used in the farm industry... They only want 15,595 for it...

It always scares me when I try to figure out why they sold it with such little miles on it...

N8RB8R

Check the turbo at the air intake, make sure it's not cracked or melted or been sucking dust check the turbo shaft for excessive play and make sure the bearings spin free, if alls clean should be a great deal!

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I just sold my 02 with 60,000 miles on it a few months ago. I really miss the truck but not the payment. I got a 02 Cummins and have been happy with it but I do miss my 7.3.

Not for towing or anything like that. The dually is way nicer for towing but the Superduty was a nice truck. This cut my payment in half though.

A couple minor problems with the 7.3. The wiring harness for the injectors has a problem where it goes into the valve cover. I did have to get a new harness for mine. It wasnt rediculas tho. The auto trannies stock are garbage. Well, not really the transmission, its the torque converter that causes the problems. Once you have it rebuilt you shouldnt have any problems.

There is also a sensor on the front of the motor that goes out occasionally. I want to say Cam position sensor but my brain isnt working yet this morning so that might not be it.

Other than that the 7.3 is a awesome motor and I wouldnt hesitate to buy one.

Chris drives a 7.3 with a 6 speed and that truck is just a stud. Henry has towed 12,000+ pounds pretty much everyday of his life and continues to be a happy, mostly maintenance free individual after 7 years and 135,000 miles. I would vote YES on your purchase. :)