OKADVENTURES GX470 Build

I joined the GXOR family . I picked up my 2008 Lexus GX470 in Dallas, TX and brought it back home to Oklahoma City, OK.

Details of the rig:
-130,000 miles
-TB/WP, Front Brakes, Radiator, and Alternator were all replaced within the past 5K miles. (Update: TB/WP done incorrectly, had to have it redone 10/28/2021!)
-lifetime Texas vehicle, so no rust at all.
-No wrecks
- Airbags work perfect

Got it home and already did the first mod: running boards removed. Hopefully much more work to be done in the coming months/years.

I have been working on this build for about 6 months so over the coming weeks I'll be catching this build thread up to where we are now!

Follow the build on YouTube and Facebook:
OK Adventures on YouTube
OKADVENTURESGX on Facebook

Day of purchase:
3.jpg
As she sits now:
1646754338401.png

Last edited:
I got the Bison Gear Door Net Replacement installed. Everyone knows the GX470 rear door net sags on just about everyone’s and mine was no exception. I fully admit this was mostly for cosmetic purposes, but it does a great job of cleaning up that area and making it usable again. Obviously with the rigid molle panel you are limited on what you can put in the cubby behind it, and I have the Bison Gear fold down table on so that limits what I can put on the front side as well. YouTube video below.

1647462092957.png

I dig the net replacements and drop down table.

What’s with all the panels? Do you have a plan for what’s going on them?
Yeah! The ceiling shelf has a fire extinguisher, first aid kit, paper towels, jumper cables and still lots of room left.

So far on the side molle panels I just have an IFAK. Still thinking through what would be beneficial to have there

I got the Unique Style Racing Tail Lights for the GX470 installed. I think they turned out awesome and massively improved the look of the rig. They function great, but obviously this is primarily a cosmetic upgrade, but one that I think is definitely worth it if you want that blacked out look. Check out my video below.

1647741690772.png

1647741703958.png

1647741712333.png

A few weeks ago, I picked up the Malone Profile 18B Cargo Box for those times where we run out of cargo space in the GX or my wife’s Ford Explorer. Check out my video going over the features of this box and how to install. Overall, I am really happy with the functionality of this box and was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to take on and off.

1647867837410.png
1647867848014.png
1647867858410.png
1647867870106.png

I got in on the second round of Garage Alpha TRD Grill’s for the GX470 and made a video going over how to get it installed. I love how this updates the front end of the GX. Let me know what you think!

I installed the Desert Does It front seat jackers and multi mount panel in my GX470 and I was amazed with how much it improved the comfort of this truck. I thought these may primarily benefit taller people (which I am sure they do), but even being average height, I noticed a drastic improvement with how comfortable I feel in the driver’s seat now. The multi mount panel also adds a very convenient place to store various items like a knife, radio, emergency escape tool, fire extinguisher, medical kit, or whatever else your imagination can dream up.

Definitely give Desert Does It a look if you would like to improve the comfort of your adventure rig. They make seat jackers for a number of different vehicles.

Discount code “OKADVENTURES” will save you 10% through 05/31/2022.

Front Multi Mount Panel (Tacoma, 4Runner, FJ, and Lexus GX)

Front Seat Jackers (2003-2022 4Runners, GX, and FJ)

DDI Patch and Sticker Kit

MMP Magnets

Not exactly GX related, but it is overlanding related! I recently got in the Camp Chef Rainier 2X from Overlanded.com to test out, and review for the channel. It is a really cool camp stove that gives you a stove and a griddle all in one. Overlanded gave me a discount code to share with all my viewers so watch the video to get that if you want to pick this stove up for yourself.

Overlanded.com

I installed the Roadshock Ditch Lights (Flood version) from Harbor Freight recently and was really surprised with how good the light output was from these budget friendly pods. I used the JW Offroad ditch light brackets to mount them and the brackets are rock solid. If you are looking to step up from the cheap amazon pod light options but not quite ready to drop $250 on a set of pods, give these a look!

3 In. LED Flood with Side Light - Pair (harborfreight.com)

GX470 Ditch Light Brackets | Lexus GX470 | GXOR | JW Offroad – jwoffroad