OKADVENTURES GX470 Build

I joined the GXOR family . I picked up my 2008 Lexus GX470 in Dallas, TX and brought it back home to Oklahoma City, OK.

Details of the rig:
-130,000 miles
-TB/WP, Front Brakes, Radiator, and Alternator were all replaced within the past 5K miles. (Update: TB/WP done incorrectly, had to have it redone 10/28/2021!)
-lifetime Texas vehicle, so no rust at all.
-No wrecks
- Airbags work perfect

Got it home and already did the first mod: running boards removed. Hopefully much more work to be done in the coming months/years.

I have been working on this build for about 6 months so over the coming weeks I'll be catching this build thread up to where we are now!

Follow the build on YouTube and Facebook:
OK Adventures on YouTube
OKADVENTURESGX on Facebook

Day of purchase:
3.jpg
As she sits now:
1646754338401.png

Last edited:
I got the Napa Awning installed this morning. It went on pretty easy. I drilled holes in my roof crossbars and bolted the L-brackets directly to them. I would say that it is fair quality for the price. The construction and materials are definitely not bomb proof but are adequate and will do their job of providing shade! Let me know if you have any questions and check out my YouTube video on this install!

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I got the Napa Awning installed this morning. It went on pretty easy. I drilled holes in my roof crossbars and bolted the L-brackets directly to them. I would say that it is fair quality for the price. The construction and materials are definitely not bomb proof but are adequate and will do their job of providing shade! Let me know if you have any questions and check out my YouTube video on this install!

Nice, I've been eyeing those Napa awnings. Didn't even think about drilling and mounting to the stock cross bars.

Last edited:

Tonkaman

I made a quick video on the recovery gear I got to keep in the GX.

Are there any good anchor points on your GX? I couldn’t see any in your video.

I would highly recommend playing around with your gear and see how you will hook up the rigging from different angles.

Those soft shackles are great, but be sure they will fit through the anchor points your hoping to attach to. I like using my receiver hitch and just sliding the hitch pin through my rope.

Are there any good anchor points on your GX? I couldn’t see any in your video.

I would highly recommend playing around with your gear and see how you will hook up the rigging from different angles.

Those soft shackles are great, but be sure they will fit through the anchor points your hoping to attach to. I like using my receiver hitch and just sliding the hitch pin through my rope.
There are some companies that make really good recovery points for the front that I hope to add at some point and I need to get a hitch mounted recovery point for the rear, but I like your idea of just using a hitch pin in my tow hitch.

Thanks for the suggestions!