Okay, who bought MY 4Runner, grrr...

Ryan

Short story for ya:

I always used to look for deals, but rarely found any screamin' deals. I quit looking due to lack of money. After seeing that cruiseroutfit found a killer deal, I got pumped and thought I'd check the usually hot spots just for kicks. BINGO. An '87 4Runner, 4.3, th350, rear ARB with compressor, IFS with Rancho 4" lift, MSD ignition, new carb, etc.-----------$1500. I call the guy, who had forgotten that he was trying to sell it. "Oh yeah, I've still got it. I went out of town and just got back. I bought it for my son at an auction, but now he wants a low-rider:)rolleyes: ). BTW, I lowered the price to $1350 just to get rid of it faster." I cruise straight up and take it for a spin. It needs a little help, but not much. Definitely worth $1350(to say the least). I give the guy a check for $200 to hold it until I can come pick it up. I say "I'll call you tomorrow around 11:00 or 12:00 to work out the details." That was yesterday. Today I get stuck in a meeting until about 1:00 or so. I call, nobody home. I keep calling, nobody home. Ah, finally somebody is home about 4:00, but they're on the damn phone. Phone is busy until about 7:00. I finally get the guy, and this is what he says:

"Oh, I have some unfortunate news for you. Some guy showed up with the cash, so my son sold it to him."

"Uhhhhhhhh, do you still have my $200?"

"Oh yeah, the check is still in my pocket. You didn't call this morning, so I don't know what to tell you."

"I apologize I couldn't get back to you any sooner, I got stuck in a meeting and I've been trying to get a hold of you since 1:00."

"Oh yeah, we left, and then somebody's been on the phone since we got back."

"Weeeeeell, okay then. Just rip up my check I guess."
(What good is it to argue about it at this point:mad: )

SO...

Who bought my frickin' 4Runner??????????

I guess I need to get a written contract with time paramaters on it next time I leave a deposit:confused: :rolleyes:

Oh well, lesson learned I geuss.

"Never assume." (because it makes an ass out of Uma Thurman)

After all that, I'm actually okay with it all. I really don't have a spare minute right now for any more projects. Serves me right I geuss, LOL.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Ryan, that SUCKS!!

Sorry bro...... There is nothing like having a deal stolen out from under you. Really, stolen in this case. The frickin' thing was yours. If I were in your shoes, I would have been yellin' and cussin' untill someone took the phone away from me.

sukaB

Banned
Well see him soon on the side of the road due toooooo
(blown out goodqueer)
I won't help him...........
I got a YJ for 1500 over here.....
:D

sukaB

Banned
Ohh yah
Sorry but the YJ has Good-------------on it
I can get some different rubber for it............
Greg put the blocker on me......
Son----------bzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ryan

Originally posted by Greg
Ryan, that SUCKS!!

Sorry bro...... There is nothing like having a deal stolen out from under you. Really, stolen in this case. The frickin' thing was yours. If I were in your shoes, I would have been yellin' and cussin' untill someone took the phone away from me.

For about a billionth of a second I thought I ought to let the guy know how lame the whole thing was. Then I realized that this was solving a lot of problems for me(like making the wife veeeery happy that I didn't actually get it, not sucking up the limited free time that I do have, and getting back the deposit, which was borrowed money in the first place, LOL).

I kinda got the feeling from talking to him that he took my deposit, didn't tell his son that he already took money on it(wether he forgot, or his son wasn't really involved at all), and then while the guy was gone, some guy walked up with cash, so the son took it.

Who knows. Oh well, that's cool that somebody got a killer deal. Karma baby, karma. It'll aaaaaaaall come back to me someday(har har har:rolleyes: )

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Ryan, that sucks man! I would be pissed. I know how you feel...I drove to St. George to pickup a wrecked cruiser for $400. I loaded everything up, got the trailer hooked up, took the weekend off of work and headed down. I planned on picking the truck up Sunday as I headed back to SLC. So all is fine til' Sun morning when I go to pick it up and it is a 78' FJ40 with a DRUM-BRAKE front end... useless to me as I had a customer waiting for the disc front end and I wanted othe newer parts also. The whole drivetrain had been swapped for older stuff or more than likely, the vin's were all f***ed with...I was pissed because the guy had told me dozens of times that it was disc...."Yeah its disc, its a 78'...ya' know all them 78' cruisers had disc ya' know".....He didn't realize it was drum until I shoved his head in the rim and asked him to find a caliper for me.....yeah right...it wasn't there...

rant.....rant.... I'm getting pissed about it all over again......

:mad:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
On a side note, I still have a lead on a couple more trucks like that one I scored....might even sell you that one after I fix the things it needs to be drivable...we'll get ya hooked up. I hate to see a grown man with out a rig.... really heartbreaking... good luck!:D

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
There's a lifted early Toy (pre-'84ish) pickup in Moroni. I travel there every other weekend. If you are interested, I'd grab the number for you. I think it was about $1400 or so. dark green, long bed with some rust......looked like kind of a project on the cheap if that's what you're looking for (aren't we all?)