Old School Rock Crawl Delta 2010

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
It was what it was. A lot of people went out and bought batteries because of that rule, so we couldn't really let it slide. I do think you'll see that rule gone by next year.

It's impossible to please everyone. Obviously, there are some rules that need to be re-written and your input is welcome and very much listened to. Any input, please speak up!

My personal goals for next year would be as follows:

F-Toy, as much as I love the concept, just needs to die. There's just not enough of them to really make a stand alone class and they would be aborbed into a legends class.

We need to add a class. Tighten up on the street stocks, add a super-stock (or whatever), and then re-write the legends and put many of those guys in unlimited.

As far as a Jeep, Toy, or whatever class as has been mentioned? Not likely because they would run the spectrum between stock and unlimited all in one class.

Craig has asked me to help him work on this for next year, so your input would be very much listened to. Keep in mind though, there are professional competitors rules we need to comply with, as well as fitting in the wide variety of trail rigs, which are my favorites to watch.

So, you as competitors or judges chime in here. What would you like to see?PM me your ideas.

yes the battery rule grrr cost me 20 pts

00harpdawg

i think you guys should have a fall comp too it was such a fun event i don't know if i can wait till next year, and i agree we need another class

maveric

Crawler Collecter
F-Toy, as much as I love the concept, just needs to die. There's just not enough of them to really make a stand alone class and they would be aborbed into a legends class.

As much as I enjoyed running with the Legends, Ftoy's are not competitive with them. The Ftoy class is actually a "street stock" class vehicle without the body. It is all stock axles, engine, trans, tcase, suspension, steering, etc. The ONLY difference is the cage replacing the body. We can't have full hydro steering, any other suspension than leafs, altered wheelbase/frame, and can only run Toyota stuff.
This is a "driver class", not a "how much money you can spend" class.
I believe we will have a better turn out next year. There are getting to be quite a few ftoy's in Colorado and Wyoming (I know of 6 within 5 hours of home) and the local comps are a lot easier to make than the west coast we-rock's which are usually 18 hours away.

I will be back next year, and hope that the ftoy class will still be around. If we don't get a showing next time, I'll accept defeat and run whatever class you put me in.:cody: :D

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
As much as I enjoyed running with the Legends, Ftoy's are not competitive with them. The Ftoy class is actually a "street stock" class vehicle without the body. It is all stock axles, engine, trans, tcase, suspension, steering, etc. The ONLY difference is the cage replacing the body. We can't have full hydro steering, any other suspension than leafs, altered wheelbase/frame, and can only run Toyota stuff.
This is a "driver class", not a "how much money you can spend" class.
I believe we will have a better turn out next year. There are getting to be quite a few ftoy's in Colorado and Wyoming (I know of 6 within 5 hours of home) and the local comps are a lot easier to make than the west coast we-rock's which are usually 18 hours away.

I will be back next year, and hope that the ftoy class will still be around. If we don't get a showing next time, I'll accept defeat and run whatever class you put me in.:cody: :D

I agree with you for the most part, other than a ftoy wieghs about half what anything in the stock class does, and you were doing very well as far as I could tell in the legends class before you broke. I too hope that the ftoy class remains, it is a cool drivers class and I know that there are a lot of ftoys around and some more being built, if we could just get them to show up.

VideoRunner

OSRC Videos

You're welcome. It always nice to see how each driver knows how to handle their rig.

Suggestions for next year:

1. Have a time limit for the Tip over Challenge.
2. Have a RC rock crawling course Friday afternoon.
3. King of the Hammers RC race.
4. BBQ (Hamburgers, Hot dogs, Brats) Friday evening at the park for a fund raiser for a local cause (Volunteers eat free). These volunteers stand out in the sun and sometimes rain for two days with just a thank you. We may want to step up and show them that we really appreciate them for donating their time.
5. Have a small admission charge to add to the winners' purse.
6. Have Miss Utah there to award the prizes! :D

Last edited: