Olympus Tough cameras

Caleb

Anyone have any experience with any of the Olympus Tough models? I picked up the TG-860 today for my hike down the Narrows but figured it'd be a good camera to keep on me for dirtbike rides too. Did I waste my money or are these cameras really waterproof, shockproof, crush proof, etc like they claim?

Samersen

I have the TG-1 I think it's called. It's my second tough camera. I really like. Takes great pictures, HD video and geotagging (was very important for me). I had a Pentax tough one that lasted 2 years this one is going on 3 years. It's been dropped, in the mud and water, and even chewed on by out dog. Still is awesome!

Caleb

Cool, thanks guys. I've got a GoPro too but I'm not impressed with GoPro stills. Sounds like this ought to do the job I'm hoping for just fine.

rholbrook

I have two of them and have had fun with them in the water. I had one that I use all the time and then a couple of years ago I sent my kids off to Guatamala and Belize for a month and got them a new one to take so they could have fun with it in the rivers and shallow dives in Belize. They ended up in a hurricane and got evacuated back in to Belize City but not before the took a ton of pictures in the storm.