on board air

Wanker Delux

The Other Greg
Here is another usefull idea:

Get a high wattage power inverter. We're talking one on the order of 600+ watts. Yes, these cost a few bucks, but for what you get, its worth it.

Next, buy a (very) small air compressor that will run from it. How do you know if it will run off of the power inverter? Look on the back and find how many amps it requires to run, multiply this by 115v and you have how many watts it requires.

example: 115 volts * 5 amps = 575 watts (or more).

This way you have double utility, an inverter this size will easily operate drills, grinders, and some saws. Also, you get a quality large (compared to most on-board systems) capacity aircompressor capeable of running impact wrenches (if only for a few bolts at a time).

the total cost of this setup is going to be 200 to 300 dollars, making comprable to many systems I have seen.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Yup. get yerself a York. I use my York almost exclusively when I'm at home. It's faster than my home compressor and a lot quieter. I would hate to have to lug around a compressor on trail rides. That would hurt when it smacks you in the head during a flop. http://www.onboardair.com can hook you up with all the parts you need to build a York system.

Mepco 4x4

Ditto - go for the York! You can run impacts, grinders, ARB's, and fill a tire in about 30 seconds! Get a reman York from Four Seasons and your brackets/pulleys from Kilby Ent.

94rodeo

Is there anyone woh would be willing to help me fab up some brackets and what not for my rodeo? I am willing to drive to where you are located.

Troy