On our way!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I thought you were already there. 😁 Then again, you probably are by now.

I had to work today unfortunately, but I got off a little early and put the camper together for the trip. I think this is going to be one of the best ways to experience EJS.

It's a pain taking 2 vehicles, but at least we will be in our own space, stay warm and dry and had have running water.

The cost of hotel rooms are ridiculous, I'd much rather pay the price of towing and driving 2 vehicles, than for a room.

We are just passing the airport now, about 10 minutes away from where I plan to set up.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Spotted you Northbound on Main as I was grabbing dinner at Gilibertos. Hard to miss your rig, those wheels are smokin 😍

Greg

Admin
Ran Metal Masher with a few friends yesterday, it was a good trail run with no damage, but we did have a close call with a near roll when a driver wasn't paying attention. The JKU was tettering right on the edge of going over, but stopped and backed up out of it. 😬

20220414_131310.jpg
Screenshot_20220415-072410_Gallery.jpg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Hey, we have a Rockwood Mini Lite too. How much does that generator on the back weigh? You ever feel like it moves too much weight off the tongue and makes the trailer less stable? I added a receiver to ours, and had a loaded 4 bike carrier on it, empty water tank, full gray and black tanks, and we had a sway incident. I got it under control with the brake controller and there was no damage, but it wasn’t good.

Greg

Admin
Hey, we have a Rockwood Mini Lite too. How much does that generator on the back weigh? You ever feel like it moves too much weight off the tongue and makes the trailer less stable? I added a receiver to ours, and had a loaded 4 bike carrier on it, empty water tank, full gray and black tanks, and we had a sway incident. I got it under control with the brake controller and there was no damage, but it wasn’t good.

The generator is quite heavy, but I've never experienced any crazy sway issues... even yesterday driving thru 50-70 mph wind gusts hitting us sideways leaving Moab. My water tank was still 3/4 full though, I considered dumping it but thought the weight might be beneficial. We had a little back and forth movement, but it was all wind. I was trying to tow at 65, but slowed down to under 60 a few times when it got bad.

You have an equalizer hitch? We do.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
The generator is quite heavy, but I've never experienced any crazy sway issues... even yesterday driving thru 50-70 mph wind gusts hitting us sideways leaving Moab. My water tank was still 3/4 full though, I considered dumping it but thought the weight might be beneficial. We had a little back and forth movement, but it was all wind. I was trying to tow at 65, but slowed down to under 60 a few times when it got bad.

You have an equalizer hitch? We do.
Yeah we have an equalizer. I tightened it a notch. I’m thinking about moving the spare tire up to the tongue and building a platform over the batteries for my generators too.