One Link Joints

cruiserhead81

wiggam wheeler
i am going to have one link joints built (similiar to the SU joint on pirate). I found a piece of stock that will build way more joints than I need, I was wondering if there was any interest in purchasing the extra's. they will be made from 4" steel, have an O-ring and grease zerk, and have 12 3/8" through bolts to attach the them to the frame and keep the halves together. The joint on pirate sells for $250 + shipping. i now have them done. $100

Last edited:

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
I will definitely be interested to see how these turn out!! I am looking into one linking the rear end of my truck as well but if I can get the joint from you for less than half the price, I would be all over that!
Please keep us informed
- Matt

I have a one link that has be ran for 8 years
DSCI0588.jpg
[/IMG]

reddman

Fabber
Hate to hijack, but I have to ask...

I don't understand, why on earth would anyone build a one link instead of a 3+panhard or triangulated 4 link? One link designs have horrible antisquat, terrible roll axis angles, massive roll center migration, and are atrocious to package.

There is not a single benefit that I can think of with a one link. I guess you could say it's hard to screw one up, because they are so simple. But the whole design is the problem; even if you make the best one link ever, it still sucks compared to any well designed suspension.

Now I'm expecting a bunch of guys to jump on me and say "My one link works awesome, I can climb anything, and it's never broken!" Yeah, it does it's job, which is to hold the axle under the rig, but it could work far, far better. So why did you guys pick the one link? :confused:

reddman

Fabber

Ok, one more hijack... :)

What's goin' on with those rear coils (or the fronts for that matter)? The subframe is sprung under the chassis, with pivots towards the front, and in one pic it looks like there might be a strut from that subframe to the center of the axle.

Ok, one more hijack... :)

What's goin' on with those rear coils (or the fronts for that matter)? The subframe is sprung under the chassis, with pivots towards the front, and in one pic it looks like there might be a strut from that subframe to the center of the axle.

The center was a hydraulic ram. The front is some thing different. Heres some pics.
untitled1.jpg
[/IMG]
brake2.jpg
[/IMG]
image001-70.jpg
[/IMG]