Opinions are like jeeps............

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Everyone has one.....even me!

I pulled the trigger on a 2013 JKU sport last week. Ya ya....I know its not a Rubicon so it sucks. But it does have Torq 14 bolts under it. :)

I really dont plan to change much on this rig but this thread will be to document what i do and trips i take with it.

So i bought the jeep on a tuesday. The next day i loaded up and headed to Moab with it

ChestonScout

So the axles have ARBs and 4.88 gears. It has the bigger arb compressor so it does put out enough to air tires up.

It has metalcloak fenders and rock sliders. Its also a metalcloak 3.5" lift with their 6 pack shocks. Im pretty sure the shocks need rebuilt. Cant decide if i want to fork out that cash. The shocks do have crazy travel but thats a lot of seals and shafts to leak and have problems. The most interesting part of the suspension is the watts link in the rear. It has a couple weird characteristics but for the most part its pretty cool. Ill have to get some pics of it

Moab was a success. It was supposed to be a sxs trip but i took the jeep on a few trails.

crosbike

Ive heard those shocks work pretty well. Jk looks good, my gf has a non rubicon too so its also dumb haha.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I have a Rubicon and I have had non-Rubicons. Im not so sure I like the 4 to 1 transfer case. Most of my off road driving it isn't needed.

Ya just gotta rev the hell out of it! I didn't like how low it was at first, but then I went snow wheelin and found it perfect for deep snow at 25-30 mph.

Bart

Welcome to the dark side. I love a 4:1 in the transfer case, both up hill and downhill. It's nice to be able to crawl when you need to.

ChestonScout

Thanks Davy!

Ya of course MetalCloak will tell you they are all the rage. About the only review i can find is guys are getting 2 years out of them before needing rebuilt. Kind of poopy for a 400 dollar shock. The travel is insane tho.

They want 75 bucks ea to rebuild them. One has a dented tube. 150 to repair that. Add shipping and i will be 500 into them. Having a hard time justifying it