Outlook...........?

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
OK, I have been with out home internet for about 3 weeks. I'm so sick of Qwest I could nukem. For some stupid reason I can not run MSN Premium and I'm stuck with 8. :mad2:
When I try and upgrade to premium it tells me that I need to install Outlook 2002 or Outlook 2003. I didn't have this problem before so why now? I have looked all over the web for a free down load and have come up empty handed...

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks,

Caleb

my advice would be to skip the MSN stuff...its just a bunch of un-needed fluff...if you need a copy of Outlook, I could get you 2002...(its legal too :D)

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Supergper said:
my advice would be to skip the MSN stuff...its just a bunch of un-needed fluff...if you need a copy of Outlook, I could get you 2002...(its legal too :D)
emailable?

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Shawn said:
k,

turn me on to something better.

I had Qwest DSL for a while and even though it was supposed to go with MSN, I NEVER EVER used the MSN crap. I just used IE for everything and just used the connection that I got with it, nothing more. Never once turned on MSN 8 or whatever it was. Just used IE 6 and that was it.

Like it has been said, it's just fluff. Screw the butterfly!

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Brett said:
I had Qwest DSL for a while and even though it was supposed to go with MSN, I NEVER EVER used the MSN crap. I just used IE for everything and just used the connection that I got with it, nothing more. Never once turned on MSN 8 or whatever it was. Just used IE 6 and that was it.

Like it has been said, it's just fluff. Screw the butterfly!
ok,,,

link me.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Brett said:
Shouldn't be too hard. Just open the page in MSN, copy the browser URL, then paste into IE....save!

bling bling
ya,

that is what I'm doing.............I have over 100 links :eek: :eek:

Caleb

Brett pretty much has it covered...I have never really used MSN, so I dont know where it is but there should be somewhere in the files a favorites folder, if you find it you can copy and paste whatever is in there...for IE, you just explore your HD, go to HDD (probably C: ) -> Documents and Settings -> Your User -> Favorites and then they should all be in there, or you can paste into there...

Just one suggestion, skip IE and download Firefox...a lot more secure and customizable...just a suggestion though :D

If you still want Outlook PM me and I will see if I can upload it for you...if not I can get you the disk...

Rickomatic

Grey is cool!
Use Firefox. It has an email called Thunderbird that is very easy to use. Here is the link: http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/start/

Once you use it you will never want to use IE again. IE has way too many security problems. By using Firefox, it looks like you are using Netscape and Firefox doesn't have the security issues Netscape has so you are very protected from big brother.