Trip Report Overnighter above Saratoga with the mig trailer

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
That thing looks really slick. You've got me scattering for more information on them...

edit: looks like 8-10k depending on model choice. all have dexter axles rated at 1200lbs, there is a tandem option as well. I can't see how or where the tent portion and pads store while the trailer is packed up.

Last edited:

pELYgroso

'Merica
It takes me 5- 8 minutes to set up. Super easy. If its really windy 2 people are better.

I personally like this over the jumping Jack due to the hard lower sides and hard top. Its really sturdy in the wind. Also, I keep most of my gear inside the mig trailer when I store it.

I also have a roof rack on mine so I can haul a bunch of gear on top. Probably not an atv though like with the jumping jacks.

The guy I bought mine from bought it new and it sat in his garage for 4 years. I was the first to use it after I bought it last year.

I added LED lighting on a dimmer that I plug into
A goal zero battery/inverter box and a wave 3 heater that's hard mounted to the side of the box inside.

They only made around 30 of them and stopped for awhile. They are back to it and hoping to have processes in place this month to begin production again. I'm not affiliated with them at all, I just was able to get ahold of them to ask them some questions and they told me about their status. I have communicated with them a few times including right before this overnighter with a question and she told me that they are excited to be making them again.

When I was looking for something like this, I wanted to be able to fit my family of 5 inside with our gear. I also wanted something that was somewhat off road capable, small enough to pull behind my Jeep, and not crazy expensive. A roof-top tent was out due to the size, a normal tent trailer was out because of the off-road capability and weight of many of them and crappy build quality that I saw in a lot of them. There are some nice overland trailers that are crazy expensive but even those ones rarely fit five people, and often those ones are fairly heavy, or at least too heavy for my 3.8 L Jeep to pull comfortably. Basically, nothing on the market fit my needs. (At the time they were not making these anymore.) I stumbled on this on KSL and looked into it and it is the best of all of these worlds. I found a bunk bed cot that spans between the two beds in the trailer and fits my two older kids perfectly, my wife and I on sleep on one bed, and a pack and play fits on the other bad with enough space on that bed still to hold a bunch of our bags of clothes and stuff. It's light enough to pull down to Moab without much problem and built pretty sturdy to handle dirt roads. It was exactly what I was looking for.

I can take some specific pictures of it if any of you have questions.....

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
These look really cool. I also have a family of 5 and was wondering How’d we all fit. Probably can’t be more cramped than our ground tent. I’d love to see Pics of your sleeping set up.

pELYgroso

'Merica
20190511_184309_HDR.jpg
here is the bed setup last year in Moab. The cot bunk in the middle, wife and I on the left, pack n play crib on the right. This was in the morning after everybody got dressed and the kids left their crap laying all over, but when you clean up the clothes and stow the luggage in the corner on the right, behind the pack n play, there is plenty of room inside the tent to hang out if needed. You can see the heater under the cots on the right. runs to the tank outside.
20190512_105309_HDR.jpg
This was loaded up to head home from Moab.

Last edited: