Passport Photos

Paul R

I need to get a passport really quick and I was noticing that I can go pay 15 bucks for someone to take my picture or take my own but there are some pretty strict rules about it. Are they just trying to scare me into ponying up some money, or is it really difficult to do?

Anyone been rejected because of doing their own photo?

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
There are certain guidelines for where your head has to be in the frame. I just got a passport, and that's one of the things I noticed. :D

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
go to the downtown Post Office, by the Delta Center, and just do everything there, it will back in no time and the hassle level is zero. They are good at this stuff

My wife and I did this about 15 months ago and we had our passports back by the time we got the notice that they received it. (We did pay extra to overnight both ways though)

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
go to the downtown Post Office, by the Delta Center, and just do everything there, it will back in no time and the hassle level is zero. They are good at this stuff

My wife and I did this about 15 months ago and we had our passports back by the time we got the notice that they received it. (We did pay extra to overnight both ways though)

We did the same thing about 15 months ago :D Works for me.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
that was back when it took 6 months to get a passport and we got ours back in under two weeks...

that branch of the Post Office had our passports back before we could even get an appointment to talk to someone about it at the Sandy Post Office

rollover

I got my whole family done at the 200 South SLC Post-office. They take your picture there and all. 4 weeks no express service. If you are cutting it that close and the holidays I'd pay the extra mail charge for your passports.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
This place got Candace's passport in 2 weeks... you pay a premium but its done fast!

Travel Broker
5295 Commerce Dr Ste G25
Salt Lake City, UT 84107
Phone: (801) 266-6464

Paul R

We ended up getting them done at Sam's Club for ~$5 a piece which is a lot better than $10 a piece. Thanks for the recommendations!

We are going to the county clerk in Brigham City (We live in Logan) as they are the closest that have a time to process a passport the local post office is booked till next week. They said they are running about 3-4 weeks with out expediting and sometimes as quick as 2 weeks. We need to get visas by the end of the month so hopefully everything goes well. :D

Bart

I hear Cody had to pay double to get his "head" stuffed onto his passport. Maybe just hearsay.., you be the judge.

MR.CJ-7

Your Realtor
FWIW I had my whole family's done at the downtown post office. They did it all even the pics. We had our passports 5 working days later. No express service. It surprised the hell out of me! Just remember, cash or debit card only! No credit cards!