Patches for my toyota

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I only have 2 inches of clearance above where I park it so putting a rtt or Maxx traxx on the roof is out of the question. I just want to make sure people know I'm legit. What are those numbered badges people buy? Does anyone have an old one of those kicking around I could have?

So I just ran across this thread for the first time. Too funny. I am not up to speed AT ALL on the whole expo/overlanding movement. I brought in a Cruiser last night to do a bumper build on it. To even get it in my garage I had to let the air out of the tires and ratchet strap the rear axle to the frame because it was too tall with the RTT in place. Then while driving it in I notice all these "patches" on the headliner. Never saw that before and assumed it was the Toyota version of the Moab trail name stickers guys put on their rigs.

Easily one of the coolest Toyotas I've worked on.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I have 2 Lexus', maybe I need to step up my patch game... I have either received these as gifts, at events, in sticker kits for volunteering, or I've taken them off my old work clothes and bunker gear. I think the only ones I paid for are the XO ones.

My LX

I do have a few stickers though...

My GX

Last edited:

DAA

So, not hating, not judging at all. But, this thread really is the first I have ever heard of this patch thing. Had no clue. Kinda explains some of the patches I have got with some parts I've bought and stuff though. Up until this week, reading Cody's thread here, I always wondered every time I was given a patch just who the world sews patches on anything and why bother giving me one? I've just thrown them all away.

Now I know how they are supposed to work at least. I still don't get it, but that's okay, there's a lot of stuff I don't get, just means I'm kinda slow.

And I have a theory, all the sudden, on why this sounds like more of a Toyota thing. Toyotas pretty much all have headliners. Most Jeeps don't.

- DAA

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
As opposed to XJ guys? Pffft....

Wait, are you counting XJ guys as Jeep owners? I’m not even sure how to respond to that.

Carlos, you know I’m joking, at least about the majority of Toyota owners being gay. Toyota owners with patches though, that’s up in the air...

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Wait, are you counting XJ guys as Jeep owners? I’m not even sure how to respond to that.

Carlos, you know I’m joking, at least about the majority of Toyota owners being gay. Toyota owners with patches though, that’s up in the air...

Of course I know you were trying to poke fun. If I were actually offended (or if I thought you might be offended) then I would have just said nothing. :p

Back to the matter of making Cody more Metro...I have an Olight patch that came with a flashlight, you're welcome to have.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Perhaps we could just build a prefabbed platform that has the RTT, Maxtrax, Hi-Lift, shovel, and ax all welded and sealed on there and just lift it on and off whenever I need the "look". Like when I go the mall, Whole Foods, or an overland centric car show and shine.
Ooo, and we could make a patch sheet! Pre-place all you patches and then you just put the whole sheet up on your headliner when you need to be "seen". Eliminates the having to put up and take down individual patches.

Toyota guys are way behind the moto guys. We have been doing this for years. They even come cut to fit your specific fender. I see a business opportunity here. If only Expo guys had spare money to spend on useless items that didn't add to the functionality of their vehicles.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Toyota guys are way behind the moto guys. We have been doing this for years. They even come cut to fit your specific fender. I see a business opportunity here. If only Expo guys had spare money to spend on useless items that didn't add to the functionality of their vehicles.
View attachment 118771

I'm going to start making vehicle specific wraps with nothing but expo companies logos on them! Price? $4000 each! Starbucks logo included!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I just bought a new (to me) Toyota, and I want to outfit it with some of those sweet patches that people have on their headliners and shit. Does anyone have a bunch of spares I can have? Do I have to join a club or something?

When a member of the most tragically hip pretentious industry (home brewers) pokes fun at the second ranked (overland patch collectors)...

I have patches. They've come from amazing places, amazing people or are associated with amazing memories. No shame here.

And just think, you can capture #1 and #2 with a single patch. Of course you'd have to attach it on the outside of your new Toyota as it won't offer homebrew level attention on the headliner ;)

:D

Last edited: