Permanent Christmas lights

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
I’m looking to have permanent Christmas lights installed at the house. Any recommendations? These guys seem to be legit.

rholbrook

My neighbor, Don Griswald has this setup but he had his made probably 10 years ago. The look great and never have to be taken down. He put LED lights in them a few years ago. I am sure he would love to show them to you and talk about it. He has quite a display complete with a radio station playing Christmas songs and a computer program to run the light show dancing with each song.
I say do it

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Off the shelf set ups like this are crazy expensive. There is a reason you can't find pricing on them on their websites.

You can make them yourself but it's a bit tedious and takes effort. I went this route but decided I was fine spending 10 minutes taking them down and 30 minutes putting them up each year.

Jay5.9L

My house is a pain in the a$$ to light. I want a one and done solution even if it’s a bit expensive. Pay one cry once

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
My neighbor just had them installed. I can see maybe at Christmas or even orange @ Halloween but he runs them all the time and they cycle through the multitude of colors. Looks like a freaking Vegas strip club. No let me take that back, a Vegas strip club would look better.

Jay5.9L

I'm thinking christmas, halloween, 4th of july, etc. Mostly so my kids won't bug me to put them up every year.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Bringing this back from the dead. We had a family member cut some lights to fit our last house and then they came out to hang/take down. It was awesome. Buuuut fast forward to the new, bigger house with a hip roof and they want like $600 for the first year and probably $200 every year after and I'm wondering about a permanent solution. Now that it's been a minute, does anybody else have some permanent light experience?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
There are several companies doing the permanent soffit lights. I had Trim Light install some for me last year. Not cheap but has been worth every penny. I use them year round. When it is not on a holiday or red and white for Utah during the football season I have them set on a low white setting for security lighting.

Jay5.9L

I had trim lights do mine as well. Super nice to just use the app and you can program thousands of combinations. Good for holidays,parties, etc. I even programmed some of the neighborhood kids favorite colors for their birthday

There are several companies out there. Some with better reputation and warranties than others. Trimlight seemed to have the best of both.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
They are definitely expensive. A neighbor just told me that trim lights cost $5k for the front and side of their house. Our family member that did the lights before just told me they don't have any black strands left so it looks like we're not doing lights this year. I will see if I can get a good enough deal to do some in January since I expect they inflate the prices during the holidays and I'm not going to play that game.