picatinny rail sight setups---what do you have and like

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I am putting together a set of open sights. The cost is a little surprising and reviews are not exceptional on anything I've looked at. "Flip up" sights are a few bucks. I was hoping to spend $50-75 for a set of sights but for the costs and reviews I'm seeing, I might just bag the idea altogether?

What have you used and liked for open sights?

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I am putting together a set of open sights. The cost is a little surprising and reviews are not exceptional on anything I've looked at. "Flip up" sights are a few bucks. I was hoping to spend $50-75 for a set of sights but for the costs and reviews I'm seeing, I might just bag the idea altogether?

I just shoot with the sonar returns I get from my newly mounted clown horn :rofl:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin

I ran some first gen magpul mbus sights on one of my rifles but wasn't a very big fan of them. The rear site need way more adjustment than you'd think. The polymer sights just didn't feel trustworthy. I've read good things about the steel mbus sights, but they are considerably more expensive. Still probably worth it over the polymer though.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Close range if my flashlight is on you you’re taking round. Outside 15yards eotech. Don’t even have iron sights on my gun. Eotech has been rock solid for 15 years never failed even after bouncing around in the expedition for 9 years.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
My question is why irons? I just bought a Vortex spitfire prism for $150 last week. They work with astigmatisms (me) and no batteries.

Batteries are what I'm trying to avoid. I'll check out the Vortex Spitfire. Thanks for the heads up

This what you snagged? (it has a battery)

Last edited:

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Batteries are what I'm trying to avoid. I'll check out the Vortex Spitfire. Thanks for the heads up

This what you snagged? (it has a battery)
Yes that's it. They have an illuminated reticle but it's a reticle like a scope, etched into the glass. You can run them all day long with no battery. Primary arms makes a couple 1x prisms too but they have the ACSS reticle if that's more your thing.