Picked up a trailer

The_Lobbster

It pulls well, I'm curious what it weighs.... I'll get it to a scale eventually and find out. Any guesses on the weight, once the excess side panels are removed? I'm going to say 1050#'s. :D

20180212_170719-L.jpg

20180212_170725-L.jpg

20180212_170738-L.jpg
Obviously this is way old, but I'm curious if you ever weighed that trailer, and what it ended up being if so? And when you redecked your new trailer, what kind of lumber did you use, non treated, then just coated in linseed oil? I'm trying to figure out what to do for my trailer that I'm building. I got some aluminum planks that are nice and light, but not enough to do a full deck. I'd like to throw a full deck on, but it's crazy how much weight that treated wood will add.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Obviously this is way old, but I'm curious if you ever weighed that trailer, and what it ended up being if so? And when you redecked your new trailer, what kind of lumber did you use, non treated, then just coated in linseed oil? I'm trying to figure out what to do for my trailer that I'm building. I got some aluminum planks that are nice and light, but not enough to do a full deck. I'd like to throw a full deck on, but it's crazy how much weight that treated wood will add.

I hooked it up and took it out to where my scale is, but they had turned the scale off, so I never weighed it.

I just used untreated lumber, because of the cost difference. Yes, just coated it with boiled linseed oil.

You might be able to mix lumber and aluminum to work with what you have and save weight.

The_Lobbster

I just used untreated lumber, because of the cost difference. Yes, just coated it with boiled linseed oil.

You might be able to mix lumber and aluminum to work with what you have and save weight.
That’s kinda what I’m leaning towards. That, or expanded metal. The planks that I got are from some old bleachers. Very thin, so I’ll have to make sure it’s supported well using more angle, but I think as long as the footprint of the samurai is wide enough, it will hold up well enough, and still be lighter than wood.

Attachments

• B5ECE18A-C04E-4276-B6B7-8DE9A37F1E7A.jpeg
    B5ECE18A-C04E-4276-B6B7-8DE9A37F1E7A.jpeg
    646.7 KB · Views: 18