Pineview/Avon Road/Ben Lomond Ride report

Corban_White

Well, I have known it for a while but the ride yesterday just reaffirmed this: if you want to get schooled on a dirtbike go with an old guy. :) I believe Caleb took a few pictures. It was a gnarly ride. Lots of fun though. Russ made it look easy no matter which bike he was on. I do think that Caleb is now convinced to get the Dyna-ring now. Good times.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Well, I have known it for a while but the ride yesterday just reaffirmed this: if you want to get schooled on a dirtbike go with an old guy. :) I believe Caleb took a few pictures. It was a gnarly ride. Lots of fun though. Russ made it look easy no matter which bike he was on. I do think that Caleb is now convinced to get the Dyna-ring now. Good times.

:cool: Sounds like it was a good time, I'm looking forward to the pics!

Caleb

I'll post the pictures tonight when I get home (I only have a couple and all in the same spot). It was a very fun ride with some stuff I'd rather not ride again (atleast until I'm in much better shape and I have one of them fancy auto-clutches :D)

Until I get some pictures, here's the Google Earth track for some enjoyment :D

Oh, and apparently we lost one thing out the back of my truck...my helmet and goggles :p

Oh, and I've decided that switch backs are the bane of my existence :rofl:

Attachments

• Ogden-Pineview Single Track 8-18-10.kmz
    26.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Sounds like good times! I wouldn't mind tagging along with you guys sometime :D Pretty sure you can ride from Kaysville to Soda Springs along the highline trail. I've never been further south than Blacksmith Fork in Cache Valley though.

Corban_White

For those of you looking at the .kmz, we started at the dam and went clockwise. Too bad there was snow on the mtn when google took the images. :(

great scott

I just did the ben lonmond peak run a month ago. That section just after the peak and head north sure got our attention. Nothing gets your heart beating like a several hundred foot drop on a trail just wide enough for your bike. We had a great ride, awesome veiws, mountain goats, eagles, great trail.