Plasma Cutter?

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
starting on my next project, and as fun as it would be, i dont feel like going through dozens upon dozens of cut off wheels to get all the brackets off these axles, not to mention the metal dust thatll end up in my lungs. So i'm wondering if anyone has a plasma torch that i can use, or i could bring the axles to you and we could clean these off a bit easier.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Hmmm..... I have one you could borrow, but something it wrong with the way it's grounded. It'll shock you occasionally... X-D You have a big enough compressor to run a P-cutter?

I think we'll be up this Sunday/Monday, if you want me to bring it up.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
i dont. totally spaced on the compressor.

They go thru a LOT of air, I have a big, stand-up compressor and when I'l using the p-cutter and it's running pretty often.

You should take Frieed up on his offer, Eric has a good selection of tools and knows his stuff! I know it's a PITA to load the axles, but that may be better than attacking it with 28 cut-off wheels and grinding discs.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Do you have the new brackets to weld on while you are here? It's easiest to keep them aligned right if you have at least one of the old still mounted to get the alignment from.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
I'll also add... I'm available this weekend and next (Sat or Sun) but the following I'll be gone.