pocket PC vs Palm OS

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Just wondering which OS is prefered? I have looked and both and can get the features I like in both. Just not sure which OS I like. Kinda leaning to pocket just for the week view. Does palm have a week at a time view where you can see you appointments for the week? My OLD handspring had this, and I really like that feature!

Anybody use both? Which do you like better?

As we have discussed before, I like the dells. Big thing there for me is the CF slot for my camera cards.

Thanks
Marc

Caleb

You wont find a better value than the Dells, I LOVE mine...the only downside is I only have an SD card slot...mines an X30 High...if you get the X50 you get both an SD slot and a CF Slot. IMO, I prefer the PPC, with PPC you get more apps, if you are solely looking for organization then palm is the OS for you...BUT if you want to do more than just organization (GPS for one :D) then the PPC is a more powerful OS with more options ;)

JF1

I've got a Palm Zire 71 I've had for about a year and a Palm m500 before that so naturally I prefer the Palm operating system. It's for both personal and business use and it's fine. I think you need to try both PPC and Palm to see what you like the best. If you travel at all, definitely get one with WiFi. I bought a WiFi card for my Palm and now I can surf the net at just about any airport I go to. I had to pay an extra $100 for that whereas a lot of even entry level PPC's like the Dell's already have it built in. I probably would have went with a Dell a year ago but two of the programs I really needed only worked on the Palm operating system.